• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde with Plesk Interface

Re: Very nice work

Originally posted by raulcarvalho

What's the status?
Is there a site to track this project?

Regards,
Raul

Just about ready .. testing - checking - re-checking and correcting. Going as fast as possible - really!

The website will be live shortly. ..

The project as i understand is free.
will it be open source? If is don't would you like to create a bug track ?

thank you for your work anyway.
:)

no it's not free and it won't be open source, read somewhere up in the thread; when it became clear, that he won't get the product out of the door i asked him of opening it up, so that we can help, which he ignored.

steve0 promisses a lot and delivers nothing but screenshots - i wouldn't count on it..

PAT

Originally posted by perler
no it's not free and it won't be open source, read somewhere up in the thread; when it became clear, that he won't get the product out of the door i asked him of opening it up, so that we can help, which he ignored.

I said from the first few posts it would not be free.

I think from the many screenshots and updates i have given that i have made it very clear that i am not giving up on it and that i am working on it everyday and that it is getting closer and closer to being ready. I am trying to keep everyone informed as best i can i'm sorry if i made it seem like the project was dead, this project is very much alive.

steve0 promisses a lot and delivers nothing but screenshots - i wouldn't count on it..

The only thing i promised, (if you read through the threads), was that i would not give up on the project and that it will absolutely without a shadow of a doubt be finished and released. I refuse to deliver something that is **** especially when it could affect someone else's business.

I thought the screenshots would help to show everyone how far along the project is as i am trying to keep everyone informed.

However, i do understand your frustration and i sincerely appologize for taking so long but it is an amazing product and well worth the wait in my humble opinion.

Originally posted by steve0
I said from the first few posts it would not be free.

I think from the many screenshots and updates i have given that i have made it very clear that i am not giving up on it and that i am working on it everyday and that it is getting closer and closer to being ready. I am trying to keep everyone informed as best i can i'm sorry if i made it seem like the project was dead, this project is very much alive.

The only thing i promised, (if you read through the threads), was that i would not give up on the project and that it will absolutely without a shadow of a doubt be finished and released. I refuse to deliver something that is **** especially when it could affect someone else's business.

I thought the screenshots would help to show everyone how far along the project is as i am trying to keep everyone informed.

However, i do understand your frustration and i sincerely appologize for taking so long but it is an amazing product and well worth the wait in my humble opinion.

man, just dont mind the lesser minds that want to diminish your work, keep it up and let us know when is ready and for sale :) believe me there will be lots of people buying it.

cheers!

It is Steve0's privillage to give the application for free or to sell it. I respect the way he is working (small team - much work) and i will wait till the horde with Plesk Interface (HwPI) is ready.

update ????

Any update on this, is there a beta I can test, please PM if there is. I'd be interested in buying when it's released ......

the same "mythical month" as last time i would guess..

i mean, how naive are you guys?! just read the thread and check the post dates of steves posts and which timeframes were given and you will see, that you won't see this product in your lifetime and if you do, you won't be able to update your plesk if it breaks his vaporware, because steve will need another year for an update..

we offered help, he refused.. it's a joke, sadly..

PAT

perler, please keep your nonsence kiddy comments out of the way, if he refused the help, IT IS HIS BUSINESS not yours, if he takes more time than he expected, YET AGAIN, is HIS BUSINESS not yours.

I encourage the wait, and wait for the final product, either for a price or for free, will be something worth having it.

and i doubt this and call it naive - i've seen this type of projects come and go and know for sure, that in almost all cases, they are not worth waiting for them.

see, when you have a product inhouse, appearently "working", for over a year and you see a huge demand to make money from it and you are not able bring it out - why is this? you may not have the manpower to finish it - ok, then buy the manpower or let other help you on a different business model - may this be open source, ransom publishing or whatever. if you are not able to do any of this you are appearently not interested in bringing it out or you are just not able. in both cases you will end up with either no product or a bad one; and if you have it out, you will need to support it - how will you do it with this one man, side job approach? do you really expect that people pay for it?

and beside, it is not steve's business, it is NO BUSINESS and i'm free to comment on it, why shouldn't i? he goes public, you comment public, i comment public - so stop trying to censor me, thankyouverymuch ;)

PAT

and i doubt this and call it naive - i've seen this type of projects come and go and know for sure, that in almost all cases, they are not worth waiting for them.

You have not seen anything like this product because there has never been anything built for plesk like it before.

see, when you have a product inhouse, appearently "working", for over a year

I am not using this product in house, its not ready .. were did you see me post that?

and you see a huge demand to make money from it and you are not able bring it out - why is this?

Short answer - because its not ready.

Just because there may or may not be a market for your product does not mean you should rush something out the door. I'm not doing this just to make money, i want the product to be a professional product that people can depend on. It's going to be around for a very very long time.

Rushing it out the door just to make a buck would be foolish and very unprofessional - just my opinion.

you may not have the manpower to finish it - ok, then buy the manpower or let other help you on a different business model - may this be open source, ransom publishing or whatever. if you are not able to do any of this you are appearently not interested in bringing it out or you are just not able. in both cases you will end up with either no product or a bad one; and if you have it out, you will need to support it - how will you do it with this one man, side job approach? do you really expect that people pay for it?

Product support is absolutely paramount- so i'm very pleased to see that you understand the importance of this. It also means you understand that i'm not just building a simple product but one that has the required infastructure in place which unfortunately takes time to implement properly.

and beside, it is not steve's business, it is NO BUSINESS and i'm free to comment on it, why shouldn't i? he goes public, you comment public, i comment public - so stop trying to censor me, thankyouverymuch ;)
PAT

Pat i welcome all comments good and bad, they only help me explain the product in more detail, and encourage me to keep working even harder to make sure the product is first class all the way. :)

Steve,

Perhaps you can select a few testers to help you test your product. That would surely both help you out and remove any doubt in the minds of those who have posted on this thread. I believe people will begin ignoring this thread entirely as no proof exists and it will no longer be worth their while to bother.

I've been a supporter, but admittedly am beginning to have doubts myself if this product will ever be released.

- Matt.

To have a professional application you should have some beta testers ready ti test till the bone your software. Also a Bug tracking system would be great.

My opinion my type of work.

Yeah - you gotta have testers to validate the thing actually works, and works properly... both positive path (as-expected) and negative path (try-to-break-it)

As a test manager for a major company (I won't tell you the name, but the initials are IBM) I've never seen a product, no matter what the size, released without some sort of formal testing invovled. OpenSource is a little different since you're not paying for it - but still they usually have a group of testers and bug reports, etc.

At this point, with this long delay in mind, I'm looking to fill my needs with another product such as:

@Mail
http://atmail.com/

or maybe even roundcube (they offer a beta and a forum for feedback!)
http://roundcube.net/

Nonetheless, I'm still VERY interested to see this once its released... I'm just not holding my breath anymore.
It might be different if Steve would reply with some sort of date in mind or some progress/milestones so we'd know where he's at. All we know is that it's not done yet.
The lack of such progress/status/milestones over such a long time squelches my curiosity.

Originally posted by dtb71

Nonetheless, I'm still VERY interested to see this once its released... I'm just not holding my breath anymore.
It might be different if Steve would reply with some sort of date in mind or some progress/milestones so we'd know where he's at. All we know is that it's not done yet.
The lack of such progress/status/milestones over such a long time squelches my curiosity.

I'm sorry to hear that but i'm really not sure how to reply to these posts anymore . .

If you read through the thread you can see that the product is progressing everytime i post something.
I did post a date but i missed it because there were bugs found when "testing it"

All i can say is i'm not giving up, i'm going to finish this project and it's going to be a kick *** mod for Plesk.

+1 month after your last message about your project, Steve.
Any info?
How much more left?

And still no info.

Project die? Or close-close to end again? ^)

Maybe SWsoft have made him an offer and will include it in Plesk 9 ;)

Back