• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

how can i change the document root with webapplications installed ?

Art_CNC

New Pleskian
hello,

i am relatively new to Plesk, i ordered a vserver with Plesk a couple of months ago and spend a lot of time setting everything up and developing several new websites. I am used to developping new websites on a hidden adress (sth like domain.com/dev/ instead of the top level) and then switch the document root to point to the hidden directory when all is done. This practice has served me and my clients well for the last 10 years.

Using the Plesk features like built-in applications seemed like a good idea at the time but wanting to switch the new websites live i have now found out that Plesk won't let me do this since:

It is impossible to change document root because there are web applications installed on this website.

I had read somewhere on the interweb that the v12 would let me do this so i just spent the better part of today updating to v12 .. but alas no luck, the limitation is still there.

How can i solve this ? Is there a way to remove this limitation ?

Back