• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How Do I rebuild qmail queue?

TnTodd1

New Pleskian
I have been trying to fix this horrible qmail issue of having 90,000 messages in queue but not yet preprocessed, and growing.

I was following the article at the following link even though it is my version (10.0.1)simply because a similar article for my version could not be found and at this point I am desperate.

http://kb.odin.com/en/252

Anyways, I got to step 3

3.Reinstall psa-qmail RPM to recreate qmail queue structure with the command:
# rpm -Uvh --force psa-qmail

and I got the error message "error: open of psa-qmail failed: No such file or directory"

Now of course qmail start failes

I need the command(s) that will help me get it started and working again.

Thanks for any help you can give

I'm sure you have fixed this by now, but for future reference there are two ways around this.

First, search your system to see if you have the appropriate psa-qmail rpm downloaded somewhere (e.g. in /root/psa/something ) - you can use the locate command to look for it. Then you can use the rpm command but instead of just "psa-qmail" you would use the full path to the location of the package and the full package name.

But the other option is to use either the GUI component manager or the command line installer. Use either one to switch from qmail to postfix then back again. This should force a download and install of the qmail package, and hopefully will rebuild everything you need.

Back