• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How should I "upgrade by migrate"

MaximilianW

New Pleskian
Hey Plesk team and users,

connected to my other question regarding hMailserver and Plesk 11.5 for Windows I still need to transfer/upgrade two other servers to Plesk 11.5 - and these two are using hMailserver.

During the upgrade to Plesk 11.5.x hMailserver is kicked out and Mail Enable SE is installed (and luckily configured). Alas, the users will have their old mails stored with hMailserver and a "blank" new mailbox with Mail Enable. Somehow I need to transfer or migrate these mails from hMailserver to Mail Enable.

My solution last time was "easy but annoying":
I set new passwords for all mailboxes and used IMAPcopy to copy all messages, one by one. This took like forever!

There was just no other solution as I already upgraded my installation. :(

As of now, the "Upgrade Notes" published by Parallels suggest to "upgrade by migrate". I see where this is going but I just cannot figure out how that could be done?!

Are there any ideas how to do this, without IMAPcopy and all this trouble?

Maybe if I get a backup of the mails and restore this backup? Is there a way to only backup the mails instead of the whole configuration and stuff?

Regards,
Max

Back