• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to add wordpress as app to a subscription/domain?

Sven L.

Regular Pleskian
Hello

plesk 11.5.30#17 centos 6.4

1) i go to tools, add wordpress as app and make it available
2) i add access to app catalog to the subscription plan
3) i add a new domain, go to apps to install wordpress, but the list is empty. nothing there

what am i doing wrong?

Hmm. I do nothing special. All settings by default. Just go to subscription's control panel, to Applications tab and I see Wordpress in the list of Featured Applications.

ok, i fixed it this way:

apparently i didn't add it to the subscription plan, so i added a plan plugin for wordpress app.
now it shows up on the list to install..

let's say i don't want customer or service plans to have control over this, but i, as admin, want to use the app system to install wordpress... how can i achieve this without using subscription plans? i tried to unsync&lock but it still didnt show up on the list until i actually added it to the service plan and synced again.

ok, another problem:

i tried custom install or wordpress default install...

once installed, if i go to the website i get this:

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS (error showed in chrome. in other browsers i just get a blan kpage without error)

also, if i try to login, the login page shows, but after entering user and pass i get the login page again without actually logging in

fixed.

NOTE! I CONSIDER THAT WHAT HAPPENED MUST BE A BUG, PLEASE READ MY POST CAREFULLY AND TELL ME IF THIS IS WORKING AS INTENDED OR IF IT WILL BE INVESTIGATED AS BUG

Ok, so... a little recap on what happened and what my config is.

1) my subscription plan sais that "prefered domain = www.domain.tld"

2) i install wordpress app to the domain. regardless if i chose default options or if i click on customized options, the installer puts wordpress into http://domain.tld (THIS IS WHAT I CONSIDER WRONG, MORE ON IT LATER)

3) i click on wordpress app and Administrative interface OR i go manually to the website. i get ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

THIS IS WHY:

plesk is redirecting my web to www.domain.tld and wordpress is redirecting it to http://domain.tld this causes an infinite loop

THIS IS THE (TEMPORAL) FIX (i say TEMPORAL coz i consider this should be fixed by parallels):

A) go into plesk panel, to the subscription, unlink it and configure "prefered domain = nothing"
B) the wordpress now is accesible. log into it and go to settings. change the two URL settings and add the www.
C) back to plesk panel, you can now use "prefered domain = www.domain.tld" and sync the subscription again

WHAT IS EXPECTED:

what i expect is that when the subscription has "prefered domain = www.domain.tld", that the wordpress app installer uses that for the URLs, and not http://domain.tld

If I can't get an answer on this here, I'll make a new post out of it as it's now a bugreport.

Back