1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to 'migrate' a licence to another server ?

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by kadoudal, Mar 29, 2011.

1. kadoudal

kadoudal Regular Pleskian

23%
    We are currently using our Plesk licence on a hosted server S1 located in London
    we plan to change our hosting service and I suppose we can reuse our licence

we will get a new server S2-A with Centos 5.5 and there is already an evaluation version of Plesk pre-installed
    how should we proceed in this case ?
    - remove the evaluation copy and re-install a full copy
    - or use the evaluation copy

in both case how do we proceed to reuse our Plesk licence from old server S1 ...

thanks for you info... it'll help us to plan better the transition

erwin

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    License keys content can be found in /etc/sw/keys/
    Try to move it from old to new server.

3. timraines

timraines Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hi there,

When you say "try to move" is this a documented proceedure that is guaranteed to work or are you guessing?

I need to do the same, but the difference in our case is that our new server will have Plesk 10.x and the old server is Plesk 9.5.x we currently have active SUS agreement for the license key in question, will it move ok and then work as expected as we are entitled to an upgrade.

Kind regards,