1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to properly change deafulat FTP port on Plesk (Linux version)

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Alan_SP, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Alan_SP

Alan_SP Basic Pleskian

60%
    My FTP server is regularly attacked. To make server more secure I changed default FTP port from 21.

I did it with instructions from here: http://www.esds.co.in/forum/f5/how-change-ftp-port-21-another-port-linux-plesk-server-4196/

This works perfectly for access to server, but it doesn't work for backing up server with personal FTP repository. Thing is, I could see my FTP backup server, but backup doesn't work. Restore works, as I see backup server.

I have other server I use for backing up. On it I changed FTP port to the same one on main server (the one I want to backup). Now I have working backup, but I couldn't restore, as Plesk looks for default port.

Is there a right way to change FTP port, so every part of Plesk is able to use it?

2. Alan_SP

Alan_SP Basic Pleskian

60%
    Just to add further info:

When backing up automatically it doesn't remove older backups (I'm using limited number of backup sets).

Removing part is obviously in restore part of Plesk configuration. :( So I need to manually delete older backups.

There should really be ability to setup FTP port in Plesk.

Even in backup options, we should be able to specify different port of our FTP repository. For example: ftp.mybackupserver.com:customFTPport

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  3. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    I agree with you on this, as this is also my problem ...