• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to properly change deafulat FTP port on Plesk (Linux version)

Alan_SP

Basic Pleskian
My FTP server is regularly attacked. To make server more secure I changed default FTP port from 21.

I did it with instructions from here: http://www.esds.co.in/forum/f5/how-change-ftp-port-21-another-port-linux-plesk-server-4196/

Change FTP port from 21 to another (2021) port on linux plesk server.

edit /etc/proftpd.conf

change the port from 21 to another port suppose port 2021

also edit file /etc/services and make following changes

# 21 is registered to ftp, but also used by fsp
ftp 2021/tcp
ftp 2021/udp fsp fspd

then open the new port in csf.conf file and restart xinet.d service on the server.

Done.

This works perfectly for access to server, but it doesn't work for backing up server with personal FTP repository. Thing is, I could see my FTP backup server, but backup doesn't work. Restore works, as I see backup server.

I have other server I use for backing up. On it I changed FTP port to the same one on main server (the one I want to backup). Now I have working backup, but I couldn't restore, as Plesk looks for default port.

Is there a right way to change FTP port, so every part of Plesk is able to use it?

Just to add further info:

When backing up automatically it doesn't remove older backups (I'm using limited number of backup sets).

Removing part is obviously in restore part of Plesk configuration. :( So I need to manually delete older backups.

There should really be ability to setup FTP port in Plesk.

Even in backup options, we should be able to specify different port of our FTP repository. For example: ftp.mybackupserver.com:customFTPport

Last edited:
Back