• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to restore from 9.2.x to 9.5.2 ?

rutp

New Pleskian
Is possible to restore database from plesk 9.2.1 or 9.2.2 to 9.5.2?

I have created a map file from Plesk 9.2.2 backup and try to restore it on Plesk 9.5.2 with the following command as below:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --create-map dump1 -map dump1map
# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore dump1 -level all -map dump1map -debug > /tmp/restore.log

But I got some error in the restore.log
What should I do?

==
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domadmin.php --update bjst.org -passwd failed with return code 1.
Stderr is Password should not be longer then 14 symbols

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domadmin.php --update bunyuen.com -passwd -multiple-sessions true -status true -allow_ftp_backups false -allow_local_backups false -manage_anonftp false -manage_crontab false -manage_dashboard true -manage_dns false -manage_domain_aliases false -manage_ftp_password false -manage_log false -manage_maillists false -manage_phosting false -manage_quota false -manage_spamfilter false -manage_subdomains false -manage_virusfilter false -manage_webapps false -manage_webstat true -select_db_server false -site_builder false -country TH -locale en-US failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Password should not be longer then 14 symbols

==

Thank for advance.

We have already submitted bugreport regarding this error and it is still under developer's investigation.
I can suggest you try to perlace /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuDomAdmin.php file with attached. I hope it will help.

Attachments

• cuDomAdmin.php.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 17
Password should not be longer then 14 symbols

We have the same problem as described above, but in our case we are attempting a migration from 9.5.4 to 9.5.4.

Source:
Parallels Plesk Panel version 9.5.4
Operating system Linux 2.6.18-128.1.10.el5 (RedHat)

Destination:
Parallels Plesk Panel version 9.5.4
Operating system Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 (Debian)

I have just tried the fix posted above (replacing the cuDomAdmin.php file) and it worked! :)
The domains that were displaying errors now complete migration without errors.

I guess this means the fix was never committed to the code base of Plesk 9.5.4 Can anyone confirm this?
If it was never committed to the Plesk 9.5.4 code base, then would you consider it a required patch before attempting a 9.5.4 migration?

Many thanks!

Back