• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to use an external SMTP server with Plesk Onyx

SMAHI

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
How to use an external SMPT with Plesk Onyx to deliver outgoing mails ? ( Let say for example Mailgun SMTP service )

Hi SMAHI,

pls. read ( for your example "MAILGUN" ) => https://documentation.mailgun.com/

You find the Plesk documentation on how to setup your mail - server at:

Configuring Server-Wide Mail Settings ( Plesk Onyx ( 17.0 ) - online documentation - Administrator's Guide )

If you experience any issues/errors/problems, pls. consider to post the corresponding log - entries and the depending configuration files from your mail - server ( postfix/qmail - imap-courier/dovecot ), so that people willing to help you, have something to start with when investigating your issue/error/problem together with you.​

If you have access to the server ssh, it might simply be better to make this work via the postfix configs

Yeah, so the UI does not allow you to use an external SMTP server for your email mailboxes. That **** article should have been clearer on what it is about. So if your hosting provider blocks port 25, move on from Plesk.

Yeah, so the UI does not allow you to use an external SMTP server for your email mailboxes. That **** article should have been clearer on what it is about. So if your hosting provider blocks port 25, move on from Plesk.
Thats wrong... If you HOSTING provider blocks port 25... its not all lost, most providers block OUTGOING connections to port 25 not incoming, you can solve it using a external server ( or service ) to SEND but Plesk still have the ability to RECEIVE email... so the mailboxes will be fully operative.
And if you cant make it work... you dont need to move form Plesk... you have to move away from the provider...
I use Amazon SES to SEND mail in order to avoid several problems I had on deliverability because the constant hacked servers ( not mine ) on the IP block, but still receiving mail on my Plesk server...

Back