• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HOWTO: Reverse DNS IP Partial Subnet Mappings

H

heelwalker

Anyone on here know how to handle partial subnet ( /28 ) reverse dns mappings in Plesk. (Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA delegation) I need to be able to follow RFC2317. Say for demonstration purposes I had 192.168.0.32/28 as my subnet. My provider has delegated via CNAME 32-28.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa to my nameservers. How can I get Plesk to add PTR entries to this zone file?

Thanks in advance.

I've never seen a way from within the CP, so I just use SSH and create/edit the zone file(s) in /var/named/run-root/var and manually restart the named service.

The Plesk CP is designed to allow the admins to manage domains and clients easily, it would be nice to have other little tweaks, but I guess that's why there are add-ons by other parties... maybe Ivalics should try adding this to his PSA PowerToys....?

I have the exact same problem, just that if I change it, and then restart plesk for some reason, The DNS fails to start :(

Any solution to this??

Back