• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Images not showing in Builder

Will-NYESDigital

Regular Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Obsidian, Version 18.0.31, last updated on Nov 6, CentOS Linux 7.8.2003 (Core), Web Presence Builder

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When I edit a page that contains an Image Gallery the image cannot be seen and displays a white square making impossible to check if the image successfully uploaded correctly, orientation right and even able to move around the page. The image can be clicked on but is never shown until I press Publish and view the live site where I can see the images.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

I added/dragged the image gallery into a page content area, added images from my file explorer and then viewed them under the title of my gallery.

ACTUAL RESULT

Shows a white square with the image title/convention and no image preview or image.

EXPECTED RESULT

It should display the image that will be made live so checks can be made.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Attached are screenshots for everyone's attention. (red circles are to protect children)

Thank you all for your time and I look forward to your responses.

Attachments

• frontend-images-squares.png
    frontend-images-squares.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 4
  • backend-white-squares.png
    backend-white-squares.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for your report. I've forwarded it to developers. Let's wait for their answer.

Hey, @Russell-SchoolsICT,

It sounds like something (e.g. .htaccess rules) prevents displaying the images, if they are referenced on pages with different host than the one where they are deployed: this behavior does not reproduce on my test installation.

Therefore, could you please open browser's DevTools on tab with WPB editor, reload the page and check what errors are reported in DevTools console?
Also, please, check whether there are any errors reported in Domains > <affected_domain> > Logs, so we could rule out ModSecurity as culprit.

Back