• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved IMAP auto select default folders on server

Jelle G

New Pleskian
Hi,

When a mailaddress is created for a domain and I want to add it to my iPhone using IMAP, the default folders are not set correct by default.

I manually need to select that drafts, sent, deleted, archive mailbox should be On the server and not local on my iPhone.

Is there a way to set these folders by default to On the server?
This so that all customers are set correctly by default and all actions are stored on server?

Hi Jelle G,
I use Dovecot on all my servers, and add an extra file in /etc/dovecot/conf.d...

/etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-my-mailboxes.conf

Contents...
Code:
##
## Mailbox Settings
##

namespace inbox {
  mailbox Drafts {
  special_use = \Drafts
  auto=subscribe
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
    auto=subscribe
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
    auto=subscribe
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
}

I hope that helps.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for your reply!

I just only need to create an extra file like /etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-my-mailboxes.conf and add that specific content?
That will do the trick? :)

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for your reply!

I just only need to create an extra file like /etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-my-mailboxes.conf and add that specific content?
That will do the trick? :)

Yeah that's right, it did with outlook 2013 anyway.
Kind regards

Lloyd

That's fantastic info, @Lloyd_mcse! I can write off item #3 from my list of "Plesk issues": it was a pain in the neck having to access with RoundCube every newly created mailbox to have folders created...

What I wonder is why (oh, why!!??) this is not part of the default Plesk installation...

Hi Lloyd,

I know this is an old post but it is very valuable, thanks.
The Plesk solution to stay with Courier-IMAP comparability is a problem for many new devices so I changed as you suggested and it works on Plesk 17.8.

The only problem I now have is that Roundcube does not automatically set the folder "mappings" correctly for :

- Drafts
- Sent
- Junk
- Trash
- etc, you need to login and go to Manager Folders > Preferences > Special Folders and then set:

Drafts - Drafts
Sent - Sent
Junk - Junk
Trash - Trash

Do you or anyone else have a solution to fix this and have it happen automatically when a mailbox is created and a user logs in?

Thanks,

Ryan

Back