• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Install 10.1 Failed and Add/Remove programs showing Plesk 9.5

S

siscom

Hi,

Trying to Upgrade from V10 to v10.1 and installer fails.

Plesk 10 stopped working and I could no longer access the site. (Customer websites work). I get a popup window to connect but whatever password I try I do not manage to log on.

I found that people with similar issues changed the webserver to apache and back to iis so i did the following.

%plesk_bin%\reconfigurator.exe --switch-plesk-web-server --new-provider=apache

%plesk_bin%\reconfigurator.exe --switch-plesk-web-server --new-provider=iis

This did not help as now the site no longer exists in IIS and I cannot seem to get it back.

Also looking in Add/Remove Programs it says I have Plesk v9.5 when I was using Plesk 10.0 ?!?

======
Below is the install log.
=======

Installation started in background
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
skip package 'upgrade-assist-10.0.0.0.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system upgrade-assist-10.0.0.0.noarch)
skip package 'mysql-4.1.22.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system mysql-4.1.22.noarch)
skip package 'plesk-engine-10.1.1.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system plesk-engine-10.1.1.noarch)
skip package 'spaw-10.0.0.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system spaw-10.0.0.noarch)
skip package 'sso-2.4.0.noarch' from component billing - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system sso-2.4.0.noarch)
Warning: unresolved requires 'msi45 >= 4.5.0000.0000' from mssql2008_configurator-1.0.noarch
Warning: unresolved requires 'msi45 >= 4.5.0000.0000' from mssql2008_configurator-1.0.noarch
Check package set before installation
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.1.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/plesk.msi: Warning: unlocalized key download_complete
download_complete_(non_localized)
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.1.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/panel.msi: download_complete_(non_localized)
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.1.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/plesk-skins.msi: download_complete_(non_localized)
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.1.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/plesk-backup.msi: download_complete_(non_localized)
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.1.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/php5.msi: download_complete_(non_localized)
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.1.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/webmail.msi: download_complete_(non_localized)
File downloading SITEBUILDER-WIN_5.1.0/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/sitebuilder.msi: download_complete_(non_localized)
File downloading BILLING-WIN_10.1.0/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/billing.msi: download_complete_(non_localized)
File downloading BILLING-WIN_10.1.0/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/billing-plugins.msi: download_complete_(non_localized)
Starting installation of packages
upgrading Parallels Panel core components...
MSI: Error! The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psapipe
Failed to install 'C:\e2dfb85e5d0e1e54fb3081533ef6ddae\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.1.1\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\plesk.msi' with error 1603
Error: Action sequence 'upgrade: upgrading Parallels Panel core components...' of package 'plesk' has been failed with code 1603
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Since

Same issue here, exactly... I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I 'had' a perfectly operational Plesk 10.0.1 install. I tried to upgrade, using Plesk CP Admin upgrade/components-built into Plesk (thus, not trying to do it manually). The install gave me errors on the last lines just as others are posting.

All sites are functioning but Admin CP access now gives me error:

The file index.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

All sites work except for: https://localhost:8443 which gives error above. I can no longer get into Plesk CP Admin.

If anyone has a work-around to fix this please post it. I was excited that Parallels came out with an update to fix some
security issues and was anxious to install this update. I should have waited I guess.

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi,

I have opened a ticket with Parallels yesterday but I have not recived a single reply and nobody seems to have even looked at my ticket. I specifically paid for a support incident because of this pronlem and when I tried to call I get I have not paid for phone support!!!

I have been using Plesk for 4 years since it was of SWsoft and I am extremely disapointed that I have no working system for 2 days and even after I paid for support I have got no answer and I cannot even call to get a reply on my ticket.

This is hopless customer care and I am really upset and disappointed!!

I'm sorry about your issues with Parallels. I ran into the same thing. I usually buy a few pre-paid incident
tickets yearly when I update my SUS. I tried to use one, the Parallels online system for one would not take my number
because they went to a 5 digit - 5 digit ticket #'ing system and my number was a different type. I tried to contact support and they would never talk because I didn't have a correct number. I finally got someone that was kind enough and looked at my invoice and saw that I truly did have a pre-paid ticket. It took about 2 months for this all to happen... All that time my email was down for all my customers. It was quite imbarrising.

About this issue with upgrading using the Plesk CP online update... Well, it didn't work for me and broke my nicely working Plesk CP system. I can't even log in now to Admin, nor can any of my customers log in to do anything using :8443. So, all my customers are locked out as well as me.

I'm quite frantic although I might sound calm. I have a backup I could restore on the system but I know that since
the backup only goes once a day that I'll have customers calling me left and right asking why their changes, info, etc has changed or that they lost something. I wish I had a backup that worked real-time, full time, all the time. Just imagine the time and processing that would take.

I'm hoping that more people report this issue.... Quickly.

Thank you for giving your updates.

Hi,

I have opened a ticket with Parallels yesterday but I have not recived a single reply and nobody seems to have even looked at my ticket. I specifically paid for a support incident because of this pronlem and when I tried to call I get I have not paid for phone support!!!

I have been using Plesk for 4 years since it was of SWsoft and I am extremely disapointed that I have no working system for 2 days and even after I paid for support I have got no answer and I cannot even call to get a reply on my ticket.

This is hopless customer care and I am really upset and disappointed!!

Did you try it?
http://kb.odin.com/en/5850

Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psapipe means there are some problem with plesksrv service (Management service), try to start them and try again your installation.

Is there anything errors logged in event viewer in Plesk category?

Hi,

Escalate is missing I have tried calling and waited on the phone for 20 minutes and nobody picked up the phone. Trying again :(

Is there anything errors logged in event viewer in Plesk category?

When trying to return to IIS I get a "Plesk Reconfigurator" error in the Plesk Event Viewer folder straight after running "reconfigurator.exe --switch-plesk-web-server --new-provider=iis"

Error Details
========

System.Exception: Class not registered (COM Error 80040154) at thumbprintIIsCertificate()
at psaobsolete.PSAHosting.switchPSAHosting(String type, Boolean force, String phpMode, String connTimeout)
at reconfigurator.Reconfigurator.Main(String[] args)

System.Exception: Class not registered (COM Error 80040154) at thumbprintIIsCertificate()

means you have CAPICOM library not registered. Please execute:
regsvr32 "c:\program files (x86)\parallels\plesk\admin\bin\capicom.dll"

But it seems like you already have broken configuration.

It will be great if you zip and attach your C:\e2dfb85e5d0e1e54fb3081533ef6ddae\autoinstaller3.log into support ticket, and send ticket id to me (using private message).

Help

Has there been any progress on this. I have the same problem and no action yet except for angry clients!

Hi,

Plesk Support have been working on my install for several days now and have managed the upgrade. I still cannot log into the Panel as I an getting the following error:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to load object of type Skin with id=21: Skin: unable to select: no such row in the table

0: common_func.php3:3052
objectMakerEx(string 'Skin', integer '21')
1: auth.php3:547

But I think this is a minor issue at this point.

Unfortunately I cannot post what they have done, because frankly I have no idea. I know that they have attempted several upgrades changing several settings in the registry but I think alot of things got brocken and required repairing step one at a time as the fixes progressed.

I know we pay enough for the software and it was their upgrade that broke Plesk, however USD70 is a small price to pay to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. I sincerely hope that this issue will not happen again on the next upgrade.

It would be nice that the installer performs some sort of a check before the upgrade to make sure everything is OK prior to the upgrade to avoid such disastrous issues that can easily result in loss of business and customers.

Thanks for the update

Thanks for the progress update, it seems there are quite a few people who are having problems and it seems to be ones that have come from v9 or earlier, then to v10 and now this latest update. I wouldnt be surprised if the problem tracks back to the v9 to v10 transition as I have had some weird DNS issues since updating.

I find that when I do the "update" that I get every site with a "Service Unavailable" due to not being able to load the ISAPI filter sitepreview.dll (and no it is not a 64bit problem as I am running 32bit Windows 2003). Anyhow the only way to get the sites running which have the service unavailable due to the "application pools" erroring, is to run the "PP Reconfigurator" and select "Repair Plesk Installation". After it runs through the application pools will run as the ISAPI loads but still no control panel so it is only a half win but atleast the sites are online again.

One other user had mentioned a problem I have and that is that in the "Programs" under control panel mine shows Plesk V9.5 (the original install) and if I run repair it tries to run the original install version repair but rolls back with a missing file.

Anyhow hopefully something comes of this soon as I am not Plesk savvy enough and would have to bumble through trying to reinstall v10 again without lossing all my settings.

Ah well fingers crossed!!!

One interesting thing which may help some smarter is that I cant update the MYSQL version. When I look on the update screen it shows that there is an update for MYSQL under the components - this is separate to the 10.1.1 update.

Maybe this is something to do with the problem, but I am a NET and SQL Server guy and dont want to mess with MYSQL for fear of losing all the client databases as well :)

Thanks for the tip

Thanks mate, I will run the backup using the sql dump as you specified, atleast then if something major happens with my plesk install I will have a copy of the data as well.

If I concentrate on getting the MYSQL to update then "maybe" it might get me one step closer. Trouble is like most this is on a production machine so not exactely the test bed to fiddle with blind!

Worked fine for me but you do need to run the "PP Reconfigurator" to update the file permissons otherwise you get the Windows network credentials screen when you go to log into the control panel.
Did take a long time to run through but the log shows a lot of file activity however it is working again so thank you.

Back