• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installed Suitebuilder 4 but how to make it work?

F

Filipe Miranda

Hello,

I installed Sitebuilder using the autoinstaller.

Everything went successfully.

But How do I access sitebuilder from my Plesk interface?

I'm really new to this Plesk and Sitebuilder stuff, so could someone please help me out on this?

Thank you,

First of all you need to make initial configuration after Sitebuilder is installed. Suggest you to follow installation guide for this:

http://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBuilder/4.0.0/doc/install/en_US/html/index.htm -> Configuring Sitebuilder after Installation.

After that you need to make sure that on the Plesk server package 'psa-sbm3' installed. This package is integration module for Plesk and Sitebuilder. If you use autoinstaller you need to make sure that component "SiteBuilder and Sitebuilder module for Plesk" is installed. If you are going to publish sites on the same Plesk server do not forget to install component "SiteBuilder publishing support for Plesk".

So when all necessary configuration is done for Sitebuilder and module for Plesk is installed you can access Sitebuilder in Plesk through Plesk admin CP -> Modules section.

sb_config error

I have SB4 installed using the autoinstaller, but when I run sb_config, I am getting this message.

Can't call method "Log" on an undefined value at /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils//SB/Utils.pm line 324.

any ideas on what this could be?

i just reinstalled SB Here's what the final info said.

SiteBuilder has been installed successfully!
Use sb_config command to configure SiteBuilder.
'sb_config --help' displays help information.
mysqld (pid 15552) is running...
Can't call method "Log" on an undefined value at /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils//SB/Utils.pm line 324.
INIT failed--call queue aborted.
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-areamap-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-downloadablecontent-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-eshop-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-feedback-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-flashintro-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-forum-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-guestbook-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-login-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-rssreader-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-script-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-statistics-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_module-voting-4.0.0-all.build07062700.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_de_DE-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_es_ES-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_fr_FR-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_hu_HU-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_it_IT-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_ja_JP-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_pt_BR-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_pt_PT-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_ru_RU-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_zh_CN-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
Installing the package sitebuilder_zh_TW-4.0.0-all.07070609.noarch
The packages were installed successfully.

thanks for the note. how is it two different problems if the error message is exactly the same?

I've exactly the same problem as Filipe Miranda.

I installed SB 4.0 sucessfully on my CentOS server with PLESK but I have no idea where to access SiteBuilder from PLESK.
I used the autoinstaller and downloaded all the sources from Plesk server.

The instruction you gave above is making things even more confusing. I can't find any module you mentioned above anywhere.
Do I need to download it and install it separately? Where do I download these modules?

Here are a few more details regarding sb_config:

sb_config --help|grep sb_host

--sb_host_ip Create virtual host on the specified IP [72.249.28.69]

--sb_hostname SiteBuilder virutal host name [sitebuilder.host.omonsite.com]

Please do not point us to the installation guide or repeat the sentence on the guide because I've read it 100 times and it's simply NOT helping.

Some screenshots might be more helpful.

I'm almost giving up after struggling for 2 weeks.

And there's no way I'd pay $75 a support ticket for an installation which was supposed to work!

i heard back from support, they asked if i was running a VPS. I told them I was and they said I needed to add the IP. The terminolgy and directions they use are ridiculously vague. If this is the case, why wasn't this information in the installation guide.

here is the link they gave me. i'm confused. not sure if this will break my current setup yet. shouldn't the command have something to do with Sitebuilder??

wow. :confused:

http://kb.swsoft.com/en/781

Back