• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Icinga web2 on Plesk

theWoosh

Basic Pleskian
Hi
I have installed Icinga2 on a Plesk 12.0.18 Ubuntu 14.04LTS server and I would like to install the web interface. I tried this in the past with Icinga v1 and got nowhere - I couldn't get the files to display properly no matter what.
I have done this on non-Plesk servers no trouble. Can anyone give me any guidelines on getting this to work with Plesk?
Many Thanks

actually I have managed it - it was much easier than Icinga version 1 - using apt-get incingaweb2 did most of the work and am now able to access it via any of the vhosts.... cool. Looks to me to be a useful compliment to Plesk health monitoring.

hi,

How did you solve the problem with the vhosts config? I installed Icingaweb2 but have no idea how to connect to the setup via webinterface. I tried to edit the apache config in conf-available (icingaweb2.conf) and changed the alias and directory to my /var/www/-Directory. But nothing happens...

Thanks for your help!

Hi Florian Eichholz,

if you experience issues with your vhosts - configuration, please be informed, that your apache2 and/or nginx - log - files from the specific domain often point directly to possible issues. Please inspect your logs at:

/var/www/vhosts/system/(SUB)YOUR_DOMAIN.COM/logs/

You can as well have a look at the general apache2 and/or nginx - log - files at "/var/log/apache2/" ( "/var/log/httpd/" for CentOS/RHEL - based systems ) and "/var/log/nginx/" and watchout for possible issues/errors/problems/failures.

If you need help with your investigation, please consider to post depending entries from these log - files here, so that people willing to help have something decent to start with. :)

Hi - I didn't have a problem - unlike with the old icingaweb,
# apt-get install icingaweb2 ...did the job... ran
# icingacli setup token create
and then was able to access
http://vhost/icingaweb2/
...to complete setting up

hi,

How did you solve the problem with the vhosts config? I installed Icingaweb2 but have no idea how to connect to the setup via webinterface. I tried to edit the apache config in conf-available (icingaweb2.conf) and changed the alias and directory to my /var/www/-Directory. But nothing happens...

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for your posts!
@ theWoosh: but how do you tell Icingaweb2 to use your wished vhost? Install-Directory is under /usr/share/icingaweb2. How do put this directory to your vhost (apache2)? I tried it also with an symlink to /var/www/vhost/. Then I was able to oben images from the icingaweb2-Folder, but the index.php gives out "File not found"

Hi Florian Eichholz,

consider to add the desired folder "/usr/share/icingaweb2" in your domain-specific PHP - setttings ( "include_path" and "open_basedir" ).

Back