• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Windows programs ?

mike2010

Basic Pleskian
I'd like to install a simple program called GrLevel3 . It's basically a weather radar program that FTP's to the server every 5 minutes. But it's only available on Windows. I have it installed on Windows 7 to FTP to the CentOs / Linux server.

But the FTP'ing is basically what I want to eliminate. If everythings done and installed on the server....I wouldn't have to FTP from the desktop anymore.

I heard of things like WineHQ or VMware that should be able to run windows programs on a linux... but I haven't tried yet.

I tried yum install wine , but it appears it's not in our yum directory...plus I got the warning from Putty that I shouldn't install anything on the server since Plesk is already on it.

Just wondering basically the ideology here. Or maybe there's a seperate Plesk program that's more recommended to run basic windows programs on linux?

Back