• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Installing Windows programs ?

mike2010

Basic Pleskian
I'd like to install a simple program called GrLevel3 . It's basically a weather radar program that FTP's to the server every 5 minutes. But it's only available on Windows. I have it installed on Windows 7 to FTP to the CentOs / Linux server.

But the FTP'ing is basically what I want to eliminate. If everythings done and installed on the server....I wouldn't have to FTP from the desktop anymore.

I heard of things like WineHQ or VMware that should be able to run windows programs on a linux... but I haven't tried yet.

I tried yum install wine , but it appears it's not in our yum directory...plus I got the warning from Putty that I shouldn't install anything on the server since Plesk is already on it.

Just wondering basically the ideology here. Or maybe there's a seperate Plesk program that's more recommended to run basic windows programs on linux?

Back