• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing with Plesk 7.5.3

G

go1cast

Ok, well I'm not really familliar with Plesk much. My question is how do I install apps like shoutcast or any apps as a matter of fact using Plesk and not doing it by telnet or ssh. I looked around and have found nothing. I have a virtual private server running red hat 9 and Plesk 7.5.3. If someon could help it would be great or know where I can find the information on how to do it.

Thanks

It's not possible to install software such as shoutcast via Plesk. You would need to install this yourself via SSH or get someone else to do this for you.

Thank you for that. I had people telling me that I could. I geuss I'll have to do it via ssh than.

All that you can install via Plesk is counterstrike gameserver (if you buy the add-on module) and Plesk updates. Everything else you need to install manually. It would be wise to get to know SSH well anyway, as you'll need it one day.

Back