1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Installing with Plesk 7.5.3

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by go1cast, Aug 13, 2005.

1. go1cast

go1cast Guest

Ok, well I'm not really familliar with Plesk much. My question is how do I install apps like shoutcast or any apps as a matter of fact using Plesk and not doing it by telnet or ssh. I looked around and have found nothing. I have a virtual private server running red hat 9 and Plesk 7.5.3. If someon could help it would be great or know where I can find the information on how to do it.

Thanks

2. Cranky

Cranky Guest

It's not possible to install software such as shoutcast via Plesk. You would need to install this yourself via SSH or get someone else to do this for you.

3. go1cast

go1cast Guest

Thank you for that. I had people telling me that I could. I geuss I'll have to do it via ssh than.

4. Cranky

Cranky Guest

All that you can install via Plesk is counterstrike gameserver (if you buy the add-on module) and Plesk updates. Everything else you need to install manually. It would be wise to get to know SSH well anyway, as you'll need it one day.