• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Internal error while updating plesk

Do you have working instance of 17.8.11 and this error appears only during installation of updates? Or maybe you have updated to 17.8.11 recently and this upgrade wasn't finished correctly?

Can you please restart plesksrv service:
net stop plesksrv
net start plesksrv

and then check, that connection to plesksrv is working and Plesk is able to get db password by launching:
plesk sbin psadb --get-admin-password

(as described here: How to retrieve administrator's Plesk database password on Plesk 17.8 for Windows? )

If you are able to get password correctly, then please try to install plesk updates from command line:
plesk installer update

(as described here: How to install Plesk updates )

p.s. Also please check if there were crashes of plesksrv.exe process in %plesk_dir%\etc\crashdumps folder (files should look like plesksrv<something>.dmp).

I got db password successfully.
And i always install update manually using plesk Web control panel.
There was not any crash dump file.

My plesk instance is working correctly but this is the second time that i see this error during update, the last time was while installing update #52.
After both of these errors plesk version increased and no problem happened.
Now i afraid of installing new update because it may stop working after update....

But why i get this error?

Last edited:
Ok, looks like I understood the reason. When panel renders status of update installation process, it performs request to the server, and sometimes this request appears in the very same moment, when backend service plesksrv is restarted. Normally, restart of service performed very fast and you shouldn't see any errors. Probably in your environment this procedure lasts a bit longer, and panel requests status of update in that moment.
Please don't worry and consider this problem as an issue in UI representation of update status, this is not critical.
Thank you for reporting this issue.

Back