• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is Plesk Dropping the Presence Builder?

patrickjames

New Pleskian
Hi, as a long term user of the Presence Builder I was wondering if we can still rely on support moving forward?

Onyx doesn't mention the Presence Builder and appears only to support WordPress.

There was a promise that a deal was being done with Yola but this has not eventuated.
  • Will we still get support for the Presence Builder?
  • Is there a replacement planned or an update to the software?
  • Templates are looking dated and more of my clients are asking for mobile responsive websites
I have been using The Presence Builder and SiteBuilder for quite a few years and I have a number of clients using the software.

Thanks,

Patrick

Please note the following dates regarding product life for Web Presence Builder and SiteBuilder:
  • End of Maintenance (EOM) status to be reached on December 31, 2016
  • End of Life (EOL) status to be reached on December 31, 2017
Due to this timeline, we will cease further updates and bug fixes for these products on December 31, 2016, but security upgrades and product support will remain available until December 31, 2017. Please note that End of Life is not related to licensing, and all Web Presence Builder and SiteBuilder licenses will remain in place following End of Life status.

Thanks Igor,

What is the replacement for the PresenceBuilder? And what does EOL actually mean for users wanting to continue to use the product beyond Dec 2017?

WPB development in 'maintenance mode' now. Security updates will be released. No more new features.
It was expected that the replacement will be Yola. But there are some critical issues, especially with migration.

@Igor Why not offer Yola for new customers? If only migration is problem. We can acquire some new customers with modern Builder like Yola but no one will WPB.

Sorry, but we can not provide for our users unfinished features.

Hi Igor, are there any plans to find a migration path ? We have many customers on WPB and have not made any changes as Plesk have been so slow on adivising us about the replacement system. What is you suggestion on how we upgrade these customers ?

Hi Igor, are there any plans to find a migration path ? We have many customers on WPB and have not made any changes as Plesk have been so slow on adivising us about the replacement system. What is you suggestion on how we upgrade these customers ?
Unfortunately, no way at the moment. Maybe later we will provide some kind of solution.

Back