• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Is there any debug mode for PLESK

RenéJ

New Pleskian
Dear Forum,

I got some problems with my PLESK Panel on Linux, I recieving HTTP 500 for the whole panel sometimes and 503 within some part of the panel.

Furhtermore I have to note that I am one of the user which have since 2 years still the problem with the looping sw-engine-cgi process. I know that this is caused by gresecurity and I would like to determine what feature is causing this so I can configure it to work with plesk, hopefully. Because it seems the HTTP 500 and 503 problem and this problem is linked together.

"Can only kill processes with the same parent as mine" is the only error I got in the sw-cp-server error log.

Last edited:
Hi,

thanks for your fast reply, but the problem is that the logs won´t spend enough information to fix it. The only entry I got in error_log is: "Can only kill processes with the same parent as mine". Which say nearly nothing, even not which process is trying to kill what. So I have to ask that here in the forum.

Correct me, if I am wrong. But if the sw-engine-cgi is spawning again and again until the death of server, this means some process isn´t able to term the unneeded sw-engine-cgi threads ? - Do you have an idea what process are ment there ?

Currently I have a cronjob, since 2 years to kill sw-engine-cgi every hower, but this isn´t a option anymore, because I can´t restart the panel also every hour.

Last edited:
Dear Support,

I would be pleased if I get somewhat more then a link which tells me where I can find the log files, which don´t log usefull. Beside the fact that I already knewed that location. I think the question for the debug log mode should indicate that. I am gettings more and more angry over the years on parallels support here.

1. Is there a debug mode to give me usefull logs for sw-cp-serverd or sw-engine-cgi
2. Which process is terminating sw-engine-cgi after idle
3. Which grsecurity function prevent the terminating or how is this process termed

Last edited:
Back