• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Issue | ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE page Updates and Upgrades

Terra

New Pleskian
Hi everyone.

When i go to Updates and Upgrades return response ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
how can i solve?

kind regards

2.PNG 1.PNG

Plesk admin server logs can be found in '/var/log/sw-cp-server' but I'm not sure that they will be helpful in this case. I suggest a different approach, and that is to concentrate on the update process itself...

Update log can be found in '/var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log'.

This issue can be caused by several different things. I suggest executing the update process through a command line interface, as it might show you a more verbose error. Login to your server using SSH and execute:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

In case neither the update log nor the CLI utility help you resolve this, there are further debugging options you can try: How to enable debug logging for Plesk installer.

Last edited:
Speaking in general terms, the risk of updating through the GUI or through the CLI is basically equal. I would say that using the CLI provides you with more control.

Regular backups are always recommended, naturally.

Did you check the update log in '/var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log'? Is there anything in there that indicates why the latest update attempt failed?

the file "'/var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log" should give me some reasons why when I go to the address with the port: 8447?
or is this log file for when I start an installation via plesk?

thanks for the answers.

What exactly happened when you executed the command '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller'? Please describe what you saw or any errors you've encountered.

Did you check the update log in '/var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log'?

Hi!
i try this code but don't resolve problem.

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

I sign in https://server:8443/ go to -> Updates and Upgrades it open the new window https://server:8443/admin/update/product/ url redirected to
https://server:8447/?secret=imxbfdcpwdmmlpihclkb&locale=en-US and can't access.

how can i solve?

Just after you click on "Updates and Upgrades", perform the following in the shell:
Code:
# netstat -tulpen | grep 8447

You should see an output like this:
Code:
tcp6    0    0 :::8447     :::*       LISTEN     0   112521189  9030/autoinstaller

If you see that then this means the installer is listening on port 8447, so the installer is basically working.

Next, check your firewall configuration, do you allow access to port 8447?

If unsure, post the output of:
Code:
iptables -nvL
or
Code:
firewall-cmd --list-all
(if you use firewalld)

What exactly happened when you executed the command '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller'? Please describe what you saw or any errors you've encountered.

Did you check the update log in '/var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log'?

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    115.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    106.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    92.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    75.6 KB · Views: 9
Just after you click on "Updates and Upgrades", perform the following in the shell:
Code:
# netstat -tulpen | grep 8447

You should see an output like this:
Code:
tcp6    0    0 :::8447     :::*       LISTEN     0   112521189  9030/autoinstaller

If you see that then this means the installer is listening on port 8447, so the installer is basically working.

Next, check your firewall configuration, do you allow access to port 8447?

If unsure, post the output of:
Code:
iptables -nvL
or
Code:
firewall-cmd --list-all
(if you use firewalld)

WHEN I EXECUTE:

netstat -tulpen | grep 8447
AFTER THERE IS NOTHING

I tried this command for iptables but nothing

Attachments

• 55.PNG
    55.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 7
My Italian is a bit rusty, but looking at the 1.PNG I see that the Autoinstaller is complaining about the DNS resolution of your host, instructs you to remedy the situation and restart the Autoinstaller.

Is your server's host name resolvable to a public IP? Is your server publicly reachable on that IP and host name?

Is your server behind NAT? If it is, are all Plesk ports correctly mapped between the public IP and the internal IP of your server (this would be set up on your router) and did you configure this in Plesk?

Back