• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue with SmarterMail & SmarterStats Setup

B

brandonp

I am in the process of setting up a new Windows Server with Plesk 8.1. I also purchased SmarterMail 4.0.2566 & SmarterStats 3.2.2539.

I go to Server > Plesk Components Management and attempt to enter the Login, Port and Password information for both SmarterMail and SmarterStats. I get the Error for both packages:

Code:
Error: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value.

When I go to the Events View I get the following message for each attempt:

Code:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the 
COM Server application with CLSID {6B7FF909-F525-4F67-AC61-B74ED9BEB9D8}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18).
This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

What can I do to get both SmarterMail and SmarterStats to properly work?

Brandon Petersen

Going down a version

I'll see if I can move down a version. Hopefully they're flexible in how everything is licensed. I know they have to generate an entirely different key for the 3.x version of SmarterMail.

Please post anything you find about the Smarter Tools. I'd really like to use the newer functionality. There is a significant difference between the features in the new packages.

Brandon Petersen

seems there is a bug with plesk 8.1 and sm 4 integration. it will be fixed asap.
we will keep you informed.

I appreciate everything

Thank you, I really appreciate your work on this.

Brnaond Petersen

Plans

It looks like Plesk will have SmarterMail 4.x integration fixed in Q2 of 2007. I caught this in a post on another thread in the forums.

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39941

I guess I'll go ahead and downgrade. But as soon as they get the support worked out, I'm going to look into upgrading, SmarterMail 4 has a lot that I'm wanting.

Brandon Petersen

That's very disappointing, and I do hope SWSoft can put some priority on this, because we really, really need the greylisting support in SM4.

Sadly, Spam Assassin is useless and conflicts with my SM3.x install, so it's turned off, and who can afford Declude? So meanwhile the clients are drowning in spam.

SM4 was our great hope, please get it working as soon as you can.

Just Released

They appear to be treating this as a high priority item. SmarterMail 4 was just released, I think it's reasonable to expect a little lag for the integration of a new version of SmarterMail.

Of course, I hope it gets worked out soon.

Brandon Petersen

Originally posted by brandonp
I am in the process of setting up a new Windows Server with Plesk 8.1. I also purchased SmarterMail 4.0.2566 & SmarterStats 3.2.2539.

I go to Server > Plesk Components Management and attempt to enter the Login, Port and Password information for both SmarterMail and SmarterStats. I get the Error for both packages:

Code:
Error: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value.
brandonp, sorry I'm wrong. Seems Plesk works properly with SmarterMail 4.
Please be sure that service SmarterMail Web Service is started.

Re: Re: Issue with SmarterMail & SmarterStats Setup

Originally posted by sergius
brandonp, sorry I'm wrong. Seems Plesk works properly with SmarterMail 4.
Please be sure that service SmarterMail Web Service is started.

Has anybody confirmed this? Is anybody running SmarterMail 4/Plesk 8.1?
Thanks!

SmarterMail 4 Works Great

I can confirm this. SmarterMail 4 does work with Plesk 8.1. I reinstalled the SmarterMail package and everything worked great.

This is a brand new server, I didn't have any existing domains or accounts on it, so it was easy.

Not sure what caused my initial problem.

Brandon Petersen

Re: Re: Re: Issue with SmarterMail & SmarterStats Setup

Originally posted by horosho
Has anybody confirmed this? Is anybody running SmarterMail 4/Plesk 8.1?
Thanks!

The SmarterMail API nas not changed between versions, and we have it working fine as well on multiple boxes.

These are clean installs, and not upgrades.

Hi -

Do you run SmarterMail on own IP, or just the default?

Bjørn.

I use SmarterMail in a Shared Hosting situation, with several domains at the same IP Address. Each domain uses SmarterMail.

Hope that helps,

Brandon Petersen

Yes - ok.

I guess you use default IP (ServerIP) for SmarterMail. No other Ip?
Are you running SMarterMail in IIS?

Bjørn.

Yes, SmarterMail uses the default IP for all the domains on the server.

I am using SmarterMail on IIS.

Brandon Petersen

Brandon,

I have a similar setup like yours with SmarterMail configured in IIS. I notice though that when a Plesk domain client is logged into the control panel and clicks on the WebMail icon from within Plesk, it tries to open webmail on port 9998. Are you having the same problem? If so, have you found a way to change the URL to not include that tcp port? Just going to webmail.domain.com in a browser works fine of course though.

Scott

Back