• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Joomla Toolkit 2.4.4 fails to find extension updates

jay1234

New Pleskian
Hello,

We have been using Joomla Toolkit successfully for a while. I wanted to start another round of updates to a bunch of our sites and noticed that JTK wasn't finding any updates for extensions. Joomla itself is showing that updates are available (Gantry 5, JEvents, JDonation, etc), but JTK says all extensions are up-to-date. I've tried refreshing cache for the individual sites as well as updating cache for all sites. Same result, no extension updates available. These are sites that are all running Joomla 3.9.23, so fairly recent version. This is happening on multiple servers too. Running the latest version of Plesk Obsidian 18.0.34 server side with PHP 7.4.

Apparently our Plesk license from our provider isn't capable of getting support directly from Plesk, and the provider support is worthless for things like this.

Is anyone else running into this issue? Not really sure what to do. Suggestions?

Thanks,
J

Apparently our Plesk license from our provider isn't capable of getting support directly from Plesk, and the provider support is worthless for things like this.

Yeah, I know. This is what we get when we try to place a ticket directly with Plesk support.

"We identified that the Plesk license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers. Please contact your license provider for support service."

Like I said, the provider support is worthless. I never get any response for any Plesk ticket I put in. That's why I'm reaching out here.

J

Hi there,

seems to be an unsolved bug til today...?
I'm using:
JTK 2.5.12-349 on
Plesk 18.0.53#2

Having 100+ Joomla instances installed. The last few J3 instances are able to update every extension.
Every J4 instance behaves like that:

It displays that there aren't any extensions to be updated.
(despite the fact that there are a few extensions which are outdated...)
And clicking on the regular ext.-update-process won't do a thing.

BUT:
Switching to the Security-Tab und resolving the problem of "outdated extensions" on the other hand works!

See attachments.

It would be really nice to have a fix on that...

01.png02.png03.png

This is a known issue tracked as EXTPLESK-4677, EXTPLESK-4153. It is uncomfortable, yes, but not considered a critical bug that blocks operations, so it did not get priority for a fix.

Hi Peter,

you're right - it's not really critical - but somehow a main/basic feature (which is also advertised on the project-website).
And for every user with more than a few joomla-sites, the reactivation of that function would really be a great time-saver...

So it's just my hope, that EXTPLESK-4677, EXTPLESK-4153 will find their way into one of the next version-updates.

Greets and thanks for your explaining reply!
Thilo

Hello,

any update on this one?

As Peter is writing - it is a major feature why using Joomla Toolkit.
Would be awesome if it would be fixed soon!

Thanks.
Rob

Hey everyone,

I'm facing the same issue as Peter and some others here. While my Toolkit indicates that everything is fine in the overview, switching to the Security tab reveals problems with outdated extensions. I've attempted to update these extensions through the Toolkit, but I keep encountering an error message instructing me to update them in the Joomla backend instead.

It's really frustrating, especially considering I'm paying for this tool and expecting smooth performance. Has anyone else experienced similar issues or perhaps has some solutions to suggest?

Here are my version details:

• Joomla: 4.4.3
  • Joomla Toolkit: 3.0.0-2169
  • Plesk: 18.0.59 Update #2
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back