• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Kaspersky and SpamAssassin

Schokkie

New Pleskian
I've recently installed a fresh Plesk 11.0.9 server on CentOS6.

I want to enable spamfiltering by spamassassin on all mailboxes by default. Although i've enabled server wide spamfiltering at the mail server settings i seem to have to enable this for all mailboxes manually. Is there an option i've missed?

Also, i've installed Kaspersky and added a license to Plesk. At the mail server settings i can now choose Kaspersky as the virus protection agent but again by default this isn't on for current or newly added mailboxes.
In the Plesk 11 documentation there should be an option Tools & Settings >> Kaspersky but this link does not exist. If i click on Virus Protection Settings it just takes me to the Mail server settings.

Hope someone can help me here.

About the other question of enabling it by default:

Well to answer it, at the point of creating email accounts, you are given ALL these options (Spamassin, Antivirus) at that very point you have the choice to enable it by just ticking ...

If its through API or CLI, then the more easier it becomes ...but still you have to define parameters to the string.

Thanks for your answer. I'm actually migrating domains from another Plesk server without spamassassin. I've been using 4PSA's cleanserver and spam guardian before. They have a nice control panel where you can set server wide settings and also enable mail for mailboxes.

Besides, i'm not adding emailboxes, my clients are. They should be protected by default. What does the option 'Switch on server-wide SpamAssassin spam filtering' do?

Also, i cannot use your link. Maybe it is used for Plesk 10.x as /etc/psa/psa.shadow doesn't contain the admin password anymore in Plesk 11.
I can ofcourse run that mysql query, That would work for virus protection as well but it's not a real sollution.

/etc/psa/.psa.shadow still holds the MySQL admin password even after Plesk 10.*

OK, is it encrypted then?
Anyway, i can run the query from the db admin in Plesk but it doesn't solve my issues. It does enable spamfiltering for current mailboxes but not new ones.

First of all I cannot find the Kaspersky configuration as described in the documentation under Tools & Settings >> Kaspersky. That link does not exist.

Secondly i'd like new mailboxes to automatically have spamfiltering and virus scanning enabled. This should be a default setting. It seems the option for server wide spam filtering is not working.

Back