• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Latest Update #12 Issue

NicolasP.

Regular Pleskian
I try to update to the latest #12 and I am getting the same update again and again.

When I click update, I get successful message and when I click OK, I need to update it again.

Please see all the video to understand.

Hi NicolasP.,

sometimes ( ... on very rare occasions! ), such described issues may appear because of your local browser settings. Pls. consider to use another browser as well, to reproduce the described issue OR consider to update/upgrade over the command line ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ) with the example commands:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
OR
Code:
plesk installer --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

Hi NicolasP.,

sometimes ( ... on very rare occasions! ), such described issues may appear because of your local browser settings. Pls. consider to use another browser as well, to reproduce the described issue OR consider to update/upgrade over the command line ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ) with the example commands:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
OR
Code:
plesk installer --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

I tried to update through SSH (as you said) but I am getting the same update again and again.

What is output of command:

# cat /root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml | grep "patch version"

?

Try to fix it with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -f InstallSystemPackageUpdates
# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -f InstallUpdates

Try to fix it with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -f InstallSystemPackageUpdates
# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -f InstallUpdates

I run both commands and after that I tried to update again and I got the same.

I run both commands and after that I tried to update again and I got the same.

It is wired because it says that "Package already installed and latest version"

Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* epel: mirror.de.leaseweb.net
Package psa-courier-authlib-0.66.2-centos7.17031716.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package psa-courier-unicode-1.2-centos7.17031414.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package psa-courier-authlib-0.66.2-centos7.17031716.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package psa-courier-unicode-1.2-centos7.17031414.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Installing packages
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* epel: mirror.de.leaseweb.net
Installing patches...

Hi NicolasP.,

it could be, that SELinux interferes with your desire to update/upgrade. Pls. check your SELinux status and try to disable it. Afterwards, pls. retry your previous update/upgrade process.

KB - article to inform you, how to disable SELinux:

Hi NicolasP.,

you should be able to solve your issue, by switching from COURIER-IMAP to DOVECOT ... and backwards to COURIER-IMAP again ( if you insist to use COURIER-IMAP on your server ):

Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component dovecot
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component courier-imap

Pls. don't forget to use as well the "Plesk Repair Utility", if you experience issues/errors/problems on your server - it has several options, which you are able to use in order to investigate and repair possible misconfigurations:

Hi NicolasP.,

you should be able to solve your issue, by switching from COURIER-IMAP to DOVECOT ... and backwards to COURIER-IMAP again ( if you insist to use COURIER-IMAP on your server ):

Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component dovecot
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component courier-imap

Pls. don't forget to use as well the "Plesk Repair Utility", if you experience issues/errors/problems on your server - it has several options, which you are able to use in order to investigate and repair possible misconfigurations:

I ran "Plesk Repair all" and I installed "Dovecot". Now I have the same issue with Dovecot...

Hi NicolasP.,

pls. let's clean your yum - cache with
Code:
yum clean all
... folowed by
Code:
yum update

Pls. report back with your results from the command line.

Hi NicolasP.,

actually, we reached a situation, where you should consider to contact the official Plesk Support, as deeper investigations directly on your server have to be done for further suggestions how to solve your issue(s).

I did it. And unfortunately, I got the same issue. Should I wait for the next update?

It's possible that this may not be a fringe issue. We've seen this exact behavior crop up on Onyx 17.5.3 MU 11/12, CentOS 7.3 systems in the past week or two and by the current count, there are six servers that exhibit the same pending Plesk component update message (in these cases, it was Courier and not Dovecot). Working with Yum or switching between the Courier and Dovecot also didn't yield any different results.

It's possible that this may not be a fringe issue. We've seen this exact behavior crop up on Onyx 17.5.3 MU 11/12, CentOS 7.3 systems in the past week or two and by the current count, there are six servers that exhibit the same pending Plesk component update message (in these cases, it was Courier and not Dovecot). Working with Yum or switching between the Courier and Dovecot also didn't yield any different results.

I contact Pkesk Support and I am waiting for their reply.

Back