• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Limit Qmail SMTP AUTH by IP or IP range address

synthetic5995

Basic Pleskian
Hello guy,

I'm using Plesk 11.5.30 with CentOS 6.5 with Qmail.
Now my customer want to limit which IP can authenticate to SMTP server for sending email. How can I do that?

Thank You so much!

You can do that via firewall by restricting IP access to your smtp port...
You can use the inbuilt plesk firewall module or install another like CSF

If I restricting IP access to my smtp port... so other server from Gmail or Yahoo can NOT send email to us?
But I still want to receive from them.

What Abdi is suggesting is that you firewall port 587 (Submission), which is only used for authenticated smtp connections, to only those IPs you want to allow to use smtp.

You would leave port 25 open for all incoming email from anywhere, but would need to disable smtp sending on that port (in the Admin > mail settings).

What Abdi is suggesting is that you firewall port 587 (Submission), which is only used for authenticated smtp connections, to only those IPs you want to allow to use smtp.

You would leave port 25 open for all incoming email from anywhere, but would need to disable smtp sending on that port (in the Admin > mail settings).

I've already DONE this. Thank you SO MUCH!

Back