• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Login interface cannot be accessed from Plesk

dicker

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obisdian 18.055 Update 2
Hello,
As of today, I can no longer access the Plesk login interface with my laptop.
With a cell phone it only works without wifi. As soon as I turn on wifi, the Plesk login interface is no longer accessible.
I was able to enter the IP of the laptop as a trusted IP. But it still doesn't work.
Turning off fail2ban didn't work either.
Error message
The website is unavailable Hostname's response took too long.

It's been dealt with. For whatever reason I needed a new INternet IP. Restarting the router solved the problem.

Fail2Ban on your server has probably banned your IP address. This happens when frequent wrong login attempts are done.

How do you know it wasn't blocked? When you restarted your router it got a new ip, and that new ip is not banned. Do you know the previous ip and have you searched /var/log/fail2ban.log for that old ip?

I figured it out with my cell phone without wifi. Then I checked whether the IP was blocked. But it wasn't and there was nothing in the log file. Even when I turned off fail2ban it didn't work.

Back