• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Logs with double entries

Atramasis

Basic Pleskian
When I look at the logs in the Log Browser (Websites and Domains > Logs), every entry is doubled. Why?
I think even in the official documentation for Plesk you can see this bug:
76824.png

See here: Log Files
Funny.

Are really all entries doubled or are only the certificate warnings that look as if they are duplicate?

The screenshot in first post is from the official documentation of Plesk!
In my logs files there are only single entries, but in the plesk Log Browser, they are doubled:
upload_2018-3-13_15-33-0.png
This is my screenshot ;)
When I start live logging, it shows single logs, but when refreshed everything is doubled!
This happens on some but not all domains.

Saw this over the last 24 hours as well but seems to have stopped today with the update to 17.8.11-16. (CentOS 7.5/PHP 7.0.31)

No evidence of issues with the domain or site, but every log entry is doubled until the Plesk update to version 16.

Looks like Plesk is aware of the issue > Domain log entries are duplicated in Plesk

Last edited:
Looks like it's happening again. Double log entries until Plesk checks for updates at 3am, then back to normal single log entries for several hours and back to double log entries. We didn't experience this until the upgrade to 17.8.

Maybe I need new glasses :)

Last edited:
Double logs occurs exactly 12 hours after Plesk checks for updates. So, our Plesk server checks for updates at 3:16AM and exactly at 3:16PM we begin to see double double log log entries entries. :) Outside of the 12 hour window, logs are perfect.

Due to the L1TF issue we had to reboot the server to use the updated kernel and for the first time, the double log entries have stopped. We know it wasn't due to the reboot, since this didn't solve it before, but it seems to have finally stopped.

I'll mark the thread SOLVED and will reopen if it occurs again.

They have... and they shouldn't have :mad:
The official response on the Plesk article was last updated 4 months ago... Far from ideal :rolleyes:

Resolution
Currently, there is no known workaround.

Previously the double entries would stop after Plesk checked for updates around 3am, and resume at some point in the evening.

Now the double entries are all day, every day. Something changed...

Back