• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail configuration of contact form

AndorA

Basic Pleskian
When trying to use the contact form in WPB, I get the following error:

"Your message could not be sent due to an internal error. Please contact the website administrator by other means to notify about this issue."

I have been doing some studying on the issue, but so far I'm left with more questions than answers. It seems that PHP deals with email in quite a specific way that does not allow for much configuration, so when it doesn't work, that's pretty much end of story.

Can anyone confirm the following is correct:

• You cannot set your own SMTP preferences on a site by site in WPB; there is a default setting in PHP.ini that is used to send all emails.
  • You cannot specify a username and password in the mail settings, so you have to use an open relay somewhere.
  • There are no log files for mail/sendmail when PHP is installed as part of Plesk Panel on Windows. The PHP error log also does not seem to log mail related issues.

Does anybody have any idea how to troubleshoot this? It is a bit unfortunate to offer a Sitebuilder package to our clients without the option of having contact forms. So far I'm pretty much lost.

We are using Parallels Panel with Web Presence Builder 11.5 on Windows. PHP versions 5, 5.3 and 5.4 are installed (not sure which WPB uses though). We use SmarterMail as our web server, and it's running on the same machine, just as Plesk likes it. I have set an open relay on SmarterMail for IP 127.0.0.1 (not happy having to do that, but if that's what it takes...). I have checked some of the many PHP.ini's that Plesk scatters in its directories, and found that a proper address is set as 'FROM' address. The mailserver is 'localhost'. No authentication to the mail server seems to be specified anywhere (and from what I understand, PHP cannot really deal with mail other than through open relays, so that makes sense).

Any hint on where to look next would be greatly appreciated!

Please check up your web-server logs. I think you should find something there.
WPB's Contact form uses standard "mail" PHP-function. Be sure that your php environment makes possible to use it. Maybe it's something windows-specific.

You can try to reach Parallels Technical support for assistance.

Back