• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating to Plesk 9.0 in Windows Server 2008

Klaays

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I am currently running Plesk 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 but would like to move over to a new server with Windows Server 2008.

I have already setup the new server running Windows Server 2008 and have installed Plesk 9.0 already.

I have tried backup and restoring domains from the old server to the new server but with no success. I think it has to do with IIS6 vs IIS7 differences. There is also no Plesk Migration Manager for version 9.0 yet.

Have I missed something or am I doing something wrong? Or do I have to wait for the newer PMM for verion 9.0 to migrate to Windows Server 2008?

Any help or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Klaays

I have heard Plesk 9 didnt ship with PMM and even from the cli it doesnt work right. It may be better to do an in place upgrade of the plesk box instead of moving - install plesk 8.6 on the new box, apply your backup/migration and then upgrade the box to 9.x

is PMM for 9.x available ow

we wanted to inplace migration on oen os IIS 6.0 servers with plesk 9.x installation

Missing PMM

We are seriously missing the PMM for Plesk 9.x/windows.

We find it as serious flaw that Parallels doesn´t have a PMM ready for a new version when a new version is released, but that we all have to wait for many months after the new version release for Parallels to finally make a version of PMM for the new version ready.

Last PMM had serious flaws when released and gave problems when using it immediately after its release and we appreciate that development takes time, but we don´t understand why a new version is released if not immediately after followed up by a new PMM for that version..?

We know that the 2 products are handled by different departments in Parallels but PMM is an extremely important tool for anybody who uses Plesk on production basis and therefore we urgently ask for an update to the PMM migration tool asap and urge others to ask for a release of a PMM for Plesk 9.x/windows very soon....

9.2 released, but no PMM....

Today Plesk 9.2 was released and checking the release notes and help in 9.2 it shows that PMM are now build in under 'help&Support' - nice, we said and jumped to use it...

BUT - NO PMM is hidden under that section in Plesk/Home...

Anybody who has found where it is hidden this time and how to get it out in the open...?

PMM Plesk Migration Manager

Well - it took a while and nowhere on the Parallels site or documentation is any thorough instruction in how to implement PMM in Plesk...

As it previously was a seperate utility that was where we looked for it, but only found the PM agent.

Now it occurs that it is now an integrated part of Plesk and needs to be installed via MS add/remove programs.

It would have been nice of Parallels if such a drastic change would be announced for all in clear language, instead of having clients wasting valuable time searching for this utility - maybe even a hint thrown into this ticket/thread as a reply - that would have been a nice gesture Parallels.....

Back