1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration Error: Agent is not suitable for the given host.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by criticman, Sep 1, 2005.

1. criticman

criticman Guest

Remote Host:
    Plesk 7.5.4

Local Host:
    Plesk 7.5.3 (Update to 7.5.4 is not showing up as available just yet)

I am able to successfully connect, shows proper version of remote host, etc.

When I try to upload the remote agent, I receive the following message:
    Agent is not suitable for the given host.

I am guessing this is because I am trying to take a .4 server and migrate to the .3 server. Am I correct?

Is there another way to fully copy the clients and domains of one Plesk server to another without using the migration manager? If so, link to directions/instructions?

I really need to ditch my POS old host and get my clients up on the new server ASAP. New provider says word they got from SW-Soft is that the .4 updates won't show up as available on my new server until 9/9/05, which is a long time to be paying for two servers.

Thanks for any help.

2. dm__@

dm__@ Guest

I assume Migration Manager cannot migrate from the new to the older version of Plesk. At least because Plesk guys do not have their own Time Machine :) to predict what will be changed in later versions.

3. criticman

criticman Guest

Yeah...so, although I appreciate the humor, how about a solution? Any way to "export" data on one server and "import" it to the other without utilizing the manager?

This is costing me a good bit to keep both servers up and running.

Thanks!

4. rembrandt

rembrandt Guest

Can´t you just update the PSA packages via the commandline?

5. dm__@

dm__@ Guest

Backup utilities may be used for this. But I also unsure about the backup format compatibility. May be it's worth to upgrade to 7.5.4 on the another server and migrate data once again?

6. criticman

criticman Guest

Yeah, I would love to update to 7.5.4 on the "new" server, but no updates are being shown as available yet, which confuses me since I JUST got them downloaded this week on the "old" server.

7. dm__@

dm__@ Guest

What about manual installing updates using rpm or console autoinstaller?

8. criticman

criticman Guest

That would work for me. How would I go about doing this? Anyone mind pointing me to a reference page for this? Thanks.

9. dm__@

dm__@ Guest

Here is the autoinstaller (and RPMs) for your OS may be downloaded: http://www.sw-soft.com/en/download/plesk75reloaded/

Using autoinstaller is easy: just launch it and it will upgrade the system, downloading all the required packages from the Web. RPMs are more tricky: you'll need to select all the needed packages from the bundled, so I recommend you to use autoinstaller.