• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from plesk for Windows

FlorianJ

New Pleskian
Hi,

is there any way to import all client/domain settings and data from plesk for windows 8.6.0 to plesk 9.2.2 (debian)?

I tried to make different backups, uploaded them to my debian system and executed the pre9-backup-convert -tool. But every time I got the same error: "Top level is not multipart/related."

If i upload the files directly into the client backup directory it tells me that this are not valid backup files.

It seems like the backup format is completly different between the two systems... ?

I hope there is a way to accomplish this task

Thanks in advance
Florian

Try the migration manager. For a Linux -> Linux migration, it was the only tool which could (although with a lot of hassle) migrate the data.

Hi akxak

thanks for your reply.
From Linux to another Linux machine is no problem - I tried the migration manager a few times and that works fine for me.

But in this case I try to migrate the data from a Windows-machine to Debian - and in this case the migration manager can't connect to the windows machine properly.

I think I must do this manually (descriped in the documentation) but i can't handle the error within the pre9-backup-convert -tool on the windows machine:

"Top level is not multipart/related."

I found a possible solution (worked for me):

1. Make a full backup with the backup.exe-tool on the windows source system
2. Download and extract the pre9backupconvert.exe from the plesk-sources (ftp) stored in the biggest cab file (about 64mb)
3. Extract the file: migration-dump-convert.xsl in the plesk\pmm-directory (from one of the cab files)
4. Execute pre9backup with the parameters --source --directory
5. Upload the contents of your folder specified with the directory-parameter to your new (in my case debian) server to the directory: /var/lib/psa/dumps/
6. I tried to import this backup via the backup-manager of plesk 9.2.2 but this didn't work so i tried the migration-manager with the option: "Transfer data already processed by the migration agent and located on the local host" and directed the location to the xml-file of the backup - in my case: "/var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_0909151116.xml"

I hope this will also work for others with the same problem.

Greetings
Florian

Hi FlorianJ,

I'm still trying to migrate my Windows Plesk to my CentOS 5 Plesk... I have upgraded my windows to 9.2.1 and used the pre-9-backup-converter.exe tool to create the correct xml file. But when I try to restore it from my linux box I get no results. Either some of the tags are incorrect which I then fix within the xml or the migration goes fine but no email data is transfered... I wonder if it is possible to try and create a 9.2.1 windows backup but I can't find the backup tool for 9.2.1

Can anyone help? I'm still stuck on this for over a month...

Back