• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration issues broken pipe

Arno

New Pleskian
Can someone please help me? I always get the broken pipe error.
How can I fix this?
Code:
Failed to copy web files for subscription 'hostname.domain'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attempt #1 failed with the following error:
Rsync failed to copy files from the source server 'source' (xxx.xx.xxx.xxx) to target Plesk server: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: /usr/bin/rsync -e 'ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' --timeout=30 --recursive --links --times --devices --specials --owner --group --perms --exclude=/logs --exclude=/conf --exclude=/statistics --exclude=/bin --exclude=/dev --exclude=/lib --exclude=/lib64 --exclude=/usr --exclude=/libexec --exclude=/etc --exclude=/tmp --exclude=/var [email protected]:/var/www/vhosts/hostname.domain/ /var/www/vhosts/hostname.domain/
exit code: 30
stdout:
stderr: rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(137) [sender=3.0.9]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (718167389 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226) [receiver=3.1.2]
rsync: [generator] write error: Broken pipe (32)
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(820) [generator=3.1.2]

This could happen because of a network connection issue. Run migration for that subscription once more.
Attempt #2 failed with the following error:
Rsync failed to copy files from the source server 'source' (xxx.xx.xxx.xxx) to target Plesk server: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: /usr/bin/rsync -e 'ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' --timeout=30 --recursive --links --times --devices --specials --owner --group --perms --exclude=/logs --exclude=/conf --exclude=/statistics --exclude=/bin --exclude=/dev --exclude=/lib --exclude=/lib64 --exclude=/usr --exclude=/libexec --exclude=/etc --exclude=/tmp --exclude=/var [email protected]:/var/www/vhosts/hostname.domain/ /var/www/vhosts/hostname.domain/
stdout:
stderr: rsync: [generator] write error: Broken pipe (32)
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(820) [generator=3.1.2]
rsync error: received SIGUSR1 (code 19) at main.c(1429) [receiver=3.1.2]

This could happen because of a network connection issue. Run migration for that subscription once more.
Attempt #3 failed with the following error:
stdout:
stderr: rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(137) [sender=3.0.9]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (718050903 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226) [receiver=3.1.2]
rsync: [generator] write error: Broken pipe (32)

Failed to copy content of database 'userman_1'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts.
Attempt #1 failed with the following error:
Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (xxx.xx.xxx.xxx) with non-zero exit code.
command: MYSQL_PWD="$(cat)" mysqldump --no-defaults -h localhost -P 3306 -uadmin --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --default-character-set=utf8 --set-charset --routines --events userman_1 > /root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-rjy1gjndsth6rxejpp4qs7hnoliyzcac/db-dumps/userman_1.sql
exit code: 5
stdout:
stderr: mysqldump: Got errno 28 on write

Attempt #2 failed with the following error:
Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,go=,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20190503145534/ssh_upload.5 [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-rjy1gjndsth6rxejpp4qs7hnoliyzcac/my_localhost_userman_1.cnf
exit code: 12
stdout:
stderr: rsync: write failed on "/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-rjy1gjndsth6rxejpp4qs7hnoliyzcac/my_localhost_userman_1.cnf": No space left on device (28)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(322) [receiver=3.0.9]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (267 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226) [sender=3.1.2]

Attempt #3 failed with the following error:
Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,go=,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20190503145534/ssh_upload.6 [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-rjy1gjndsth6rxejpp4qs7hnoliyzcac/my_localhost_userman_1.cnf
exit code: 12
stdout:
stderr: rsync: write failed on "/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-rjy1gjndsth6rxejpp4qs7hnoliyzcac/my_localhost_database_1.cnf": No space left on device (28)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(322) [receiver=3.0.9]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (267 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226) [sender=3.1.2]

"no space left on device" is pointing to too little space left on a temporary path on the target. I suggest to check the disk space and the temp locations for migrator whether they have enough disk space and inodes to store all the data that shall be received for the source.

Back