• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Migration with exclusive IP addresses

srvadm

Basic Pleskian
Hi:

I'm in the proccess of migrating a dedicated server with 7 domains each one with an exclusive IP. According to documentation: Parallels Plesk Panel domains can be migrated from one IP address to another only if IP addresses’ types are the same

So, I have 2 options:

1. Ask the ISP to assign 7 IP's to the target server
2. Revoke IP's from domains/users in the source server, change them to shared ones, reassign some to users/domains and ask the ISP to move the free ones to the target server

Am I right?

Thanks in advance

For several reasons I decided to go with option 2

So, I added 1 IP to the target server that is not used in the in source server and when I tried to test the Migration Manager I received this mesage:
"Error: Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not accessible" and I can not ping the source server
As soon as I remove the IP from Plesk, it connects and gather information from the source but then I don't have IP addresses to map the old ones

1. I successfully synchronized Migration agents
2. My first guess was that even when I never added that IP to Plesk, it could be assigned through the OS to the server by my ISP. But can not find it in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

ifcfg-eth0 Primary custom DNS
ifcfg-eth0:1 Secondary custom DNS
ifcfg-eth0:2 Domain 1
ifcfg-eth0:8 Domain 7

Any tips/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

Source server: Linux 2.6.18-164.2.1.el5PAE Red Hat, Plesk 9.3.0
Target server: Linux 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5 CentOS, Plesk 9.5.4

"Error: Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not accessible"

My provider haven't still transfer free IPs to new server!

Last edited:
Back