• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration with exclusive IP addresses

srvadm

Basic Pleskian
Hi:

I'm in the proccess of migrating a dedicated server with 7 domains each one with an exclusive IP. According to documentation: Parallels Plesk Panel domains can be migrated from one IP address to another only if IP addresses’ types are the same

So, I have 2 options:

1. Ask the ISP to assign 7 IP's to the target server
2. Revoke IP's from domains/users in the source server, change them to shared ones, reassign some to users/domains and ask the ISP to move the free ones to the target server

Am I right?

Thanks in advance

For several reasons I decided to go with option 2

So, I added 1 IP to the target server that is not used in the in source server and when I tried to test the Migration Manager I received this mesage:
"Error: Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not accessible" and I can not ping the source server
As soon as I remove the IP from Plesk, it connects and gather information from the source but then I don't have IP addresses to map the old ones

1. I successfully synchronized Migration agents
2. My first guess was that even when I never added that IP to Plesk, it could be assigned through the OS to the server by my ISP. But can not find it in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

ifcfg-eth0 Primary custom DNS
ifcfg-eth0:1 Secondary custom DNS
ifcfg-eth0:2 Domain 1
ifcfg-eth0:8 Domain 7

Any tips/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

Source server: Linux 2.6.18-164.2.1.el5PAE Red Hat, Plesk 9.3.0
Target server: Linux 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5 CentOS, Plesk 9.5.4

"Error: Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not accessible"

My provider haven't still transfer free IPs to new server!

Last edited:
Back