1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration without Email Data (9.5 to 10.4)

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by HaseebK, Mar 25, 2012.

1. HaseebK

HaseebK New Pleskian

35%
    Hello,
    I've started migration of one of our server from ver 9.5. to 10.4.4 which contains 103 domains with thousands of mailboxes. The total size of migration data is approx 75GB and email data is around 60GB.

From last 3days migration is in progress and I'm continuously monitoring the process. While diagnosing the process I've found email data taking so much time and its actually copying every single email file.

I'm curious is there any way to migrate email account without email data? What I am thinking once the migration is complete I'll backup/restore the email data through MailEnable utility to save time.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. HaseebK

HaseebK New Pleskian

35%
    Hello,
    When I choose this option it only include domain data and exclude mailbox list as well. I dont want to re-create the mailbox again. I just want Plesk migration just include mailbox except the emails.

Please suggest some solution.

4. HaseebK

HaseebK New Pleskian

35%
    Please confirm how can we migrate the accounts without email data. Its been week now and we are stuck in migration coz Email migration taking so much time.

5. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%