• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving Hosts from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4

T

toko

Hi All,

I'm moving from one host (with my domains on Plesk 7.5.3) to a new host (with Plesk 7.5.4) both are dedicated servers to which I have remote desktop access. I have about 25 domains to move, and want to get some advice on the easiest way to do this, with minumum disruption to my clients.

Do I have to backup and restore each one individually?

Thanks for any help.

No, theere is no need to backup/restore each one. You can use backup utility to backup all of them at once.

Originally posted by Antony
No, theere is no need to backup/restore each one. You can use backup utility to backup all of them at once.

Is this detailed somewhere? I'm also looking for the easiest way to move all 22 domains from one server to another. Both will be using the same version of Windows and Plesk.

Create a backup using the PSA Backup tool from the Windows start menu, then use the same tool (on the other server) to restore that backup to the new server.

Originally posted by sieb
Create a backup using the PSA Backup tool from the Windows start menu, then use the same tool (on the other server) to restore that backup to the new server.

Thanks! You know, that's the first time I ever looked in the start menu...didn't even know that was there! Has anyone ever restored to another drive? (ie. going from C:\ to D:\)?

Back