• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL 4.1 PSA integration issue

K

knocx

2 days ago we had upgraded mySQL to 4.1 from yum repository , after than that we had lots of problem any way we had handled all of these such as old-password format etc...

But the main problem is that we have to start mysql with following options

[mysqld]
default-character-set=latin5
default-collation=latin5_turkish_ci

and if we do that we get this error;

dnsmng Unable to define dns zone for domain : Illegal Mix of Collations (latin5_turkish_ci,IMPLICIT) and latin1_swedish_ci,COERCIBLE for operation '='

this may be normal since collations does not match ,

* We can not downgrade to an MySQL since we got lots of problems as there are databases already created by clients on 4.1 we
receive File '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2) which seems like a werd issue to resolve

i see lots of people saying that 4.1 is ok with 7.5.4
but we can not get it work like above, any idea helping on that subject matter will be great

cause most of plesk servers are english-oriented so they dont meet this problem :)

have you fixed this problem?

I may say that I did nothing.
I have installed default_character_set=cp1251 in my.cnf and all clients website working ok with that.

except psa - all clients and email notifications were on russian cp1251 encoding before and their names has broken after update (strange characters has been appearing - you know ).
After that I just installed collation=utf8_general for these psa columns (cname,pname etc) and retyped all clients and email templates manually

but I just found error below clicking on sitebuilder icon
Illegal mix of collations (cp1251_bin,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.cSiteApp.php:351 cSiteApp::scheckSiteAppPathUsage()
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/siteapp/siteapp_install.php:108 cSiteApp::scheckSiteAppPathUsage(string "domain", integer "24", string "Mambo", boolean true)

hi

there are backward incopabilities with 4.1 since collation support is added do not upgrade to MySQL 4.1 unless you use another default collation other than english... otherwise plesk malfunctions.

we switched back to MySQL 4.0 to resolve the issue...4.0 is OK with PLESK and default charset directive on my.cnf

How to do it? (mysql upgrade to 4.1.20)

HI..I have problems with this yet

My name is Fabiano and I am Brazilian. My english is so-so;

I need help ...

I have a server with FreeBSD 4.11
and Plesk 7.1.7 (Server A (67.19.162.2)) and other server with FreeBSD 6.0 Plesk 8.0
(server B (this)).
I need to migrate my clientes and domains of server A to
Server B and I have problems with Plesk Migration Manager. See below.

Remote agent failed with the following stderr messages: 14:09:55 INFO
FileFinder: tar resolved to /usr/bin/tar
14:09:55 INFO New connection: mysql shell connection. db psa, user admin,
host localhost
ERROR 1267 (HY000) at line 1: Illegal mix of collations
(latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation
'='

This is the Problem.

How to resolve this?

Do you Know?

Wait reply

thanks