1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Need a custom option in Plesk 8.1 for Mail setting

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by JTEK, Dec 25, 2007.

1. JTEK

JTEK Guest

Back in the old days on my Cobalt blue pizza box web server they had a feature I wish was on Plesk.
    When inserting a mail name or alias name they had a field to type in any general notes within that mail name during setup. Not a lot maybe 255 characters but enough.
    This was very useful because I would typically create a separate user name for something I sign up for like yahoo.xyz.com or amazon.xyz.com and would have a section on the cobalt server to type in info that I would type in a note for a who, what, why, URL it is used for, even sometimes a password hint for the referenced web page. all for that particular mail name. A great electronic sticky note for the E-mail name so I would remember.

Problem is in plesk I have no place to do such thing. When you have hundreds upon hundreds of mail names & alias names over the years the paper sticky notes are now overwhelming on my CRT.
    Is this something that can be created as a plug-in, custom script?
    I have version 8.1 and lower versions in the past.

Help
    Alan Dobbs
    JTEK

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello Alan,

Thank you for the report.
    This feature is scheduled for the future versions.