• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New SB install connecting to old database

shoggy24

Regular Pleskian
I am migrating my Plesk/Sitebuilder installation to a new machine and everything seems to be going great as far as Plesk is concerned but the sitebuilder part is nothing but a pain.
The problem i am having now is that after installing SB on new machine, it is connecting to my old SB installation on the soon to be taken down old server. I did not specify any remote connection to the old one during installation. So now when i shutdown the old server sitebuilder wont work because it cant connect to it.
How can i change it so that it connects to the localhost and not a remote one.
and what is the use of this --migrate_all command if you cant use it to mgrate your SB sites and users.

You can change integration part between Plesk and Sitebuilder using this article: http://kb.odin.com/en/3595.
Currently there is no way to migrate Sitebuilder the same way as Plesk and migration should be done manually. If you do not need old sites you can start using Sitebuilder afresh. As for '--migrate_all' command it relates to upgrade procedure on the same server. For example, when customer upgrades his/her Sitebuilder from old version 2.x or 3.x to new one, this operation should be run to migrate all sites into new version.

and the dilema continues

Thanks Dmitry, that helped. but i am having another problem.
After succesfully migrating my sitebuilder sites, the users cannot publish because the host still has the old IP address for the publishing settings and when i try to change it gives me the error message "you have exceeded the number of host" How can i change the IP address for the Host is there a mysql command i can run that will update the host for all clients. In windows version it is relatively easy but i cant do it in the Linux version.

Thanks

Try to delete on host from Hosts section and add new one. But in this case, I think, it will be necessary to update all existing plans with new host. Let me know how everything goes.

That is the thing, since Parallels (then Swsoft) worked on my Linux sitebuilder last year, i have mutiple host. Unlike my Windows version that has only 1 host. Let me explain.
Before, i configure one host which is associated with the customers plan but after an swsoft engineered fixed a publishing issue on my server, a host is created everytime sitebuilder is provisioned for a client. So say if Jane Doe signed up for hosting and a sitebuilder account is created a host is created for her in the format,

Host DNS name or IP address .............................. Owner
1.1.1.1 (where domain is hosted) ........................ @janedoe@serverhostname (Jane Doe)

This way i have multiple host in Linux sitebuilder, i brought it to the notice of the engineer and he said it's fine. Unless Hosts works differently in Linux, my Windows SB version uses only one host for all sitebuilder account.

So do i delete all host and recreate them, I am not sure this wont cause problem.

Thank you

Back