• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Newbie on Sitebuilder, need some answers

N

nibb@

Hi, i have used Plesk servers and other server software for years. I had not such a headache before that running sitebuilder. I really need some advice, im getting tyred and sick that sitebuilder ist not working.

First sitebuilder did not work because there seems to be a bug on plesk that when you create the plesk server with host.host.com name server then sitebuilder wants to use sitebuilder.host.hostname.com

After some calls to Sw Soft i got the fix.

Second problem.
I ordered via Paypal. Sales send me a Sitebuilder 3 version which was not working since i have sitebuilder 4.

In case you dont know sitebuilder came with my plesk so the installation is working out of the box. After some calls i got the 4 license. OK.

After finding out what the hell i was doing wrong some person told me my license was not valid.

Ok now sitebuilder is running.

I have tested and tested it for hours and this thing just dont work like its suppose to do.

First of all i can only add one host as allowed sitebuilder server.

I have 2 plesk servers i whish to use. One is the sitebuilder local server and the other where some accounts are.

First question. Does this mean i need to buy another host license?
Or does the local sitebuilder doesnt count as host? Do i have to add the local server to the host list and the other as well? Or just the remote server?

I have tried 50 times and Sitebuilder doesnt publish a site with XCOPY to the local server. I have put the ip of the local host as well and nothing, It says it doesnt have permission.

I checked 10 times the server and everything is perfectly configured.

On the site publishing settings you can specify a path there. I tried all and nothing works
I tried
/var/www/vhosts
/var/www/vhosts/site
/var/www/vhosts/site/httpdocs

Just /httpdcs
Just /

What the hell must the path be for local servers with XCOPY?

Also i created one trial plan. Can the trial plan then be the paid plan as well? Or do i neeed to have 1 trial and 1 paid plan?

When i activa a user to allow to use sitebuilder via the Module of Plesk Remove Sitebuilder it creates new plans instead of using one already.

Please someone that uses Sitebuilder at least answers the basic things because i cannot make it work like i want.

Its pretty simple what i neeed
Sites that are on the local sitebuilder must be published local
Sites that are on the other server on the other server. This is logical since users will have their own domain and hosting account or sitebuilder doesnt work with real hosting accounts?:confused:

Then i need to users to be able to trial and then pay a plan. How do i then activate that trial plan to normal plan that is also a mystery.

I have tried 50 times and Sitebuilder doesnt publish a site with XCOPY to the local server.
I higly not recommend to use Xcopy publication, cause it's insecure (you must add write permissions for all directories there you plan to publish). Use FTP publication even for local publication.

Also i created one trial plan. Can the trial plan then be the paid plan as well?
Trial plan is the same as normal plan, but also used for guest users to allow the anonymous sites creation. So you can create regular users on the trial plan without any problems.

When i activa a user to allow to use sitebuilder via the Module of Plesk Remove Sitebuilder it creates new plans instead of using one already.
Try to contact support (https://www.swsoft.com/support/sitebuilder/form/). May be there is any solution already found.

Thanks for your replies.

Yes XCOPY outputs a write and permission error. So when you mean the sites must have write permission you mean i have to manuall set the site to 777 permissions?
If so then i will not use XCOPY, that very insecure and also i have to do that then manually for every site right?

Also the local server does it count as host as well? I mean do i have to add it to the host list the server where sitebuilder is actually installed?

What about the plans. When i activate a user on the plesk module remote sitebuilder it activates that user with a new plan created, it creates a new plan for each user i activate. A plan temp plan like
[email protected]-2d3e2ee96cf31d80d0a0d2648a8a7537

Also the local server does it count as host as well? I mean do i have to add it to the host list the server where sitebuilder is actually installed?
Localhost is also the host :) Think about hosts in terms of location. How many locations do you have for publication? Localhost and another server? Two locations, right?

What about the plans. When i activate a user on the plesk module remote sitebuilder it activates that user with a new plan created, it creates a new plan for each user i activate. A plan temp plan like
Really, I don't know how to fix this problem, cause the problem is in the SBM. Please contact support, may be there is any workaround for this problem.

Thanks, support also confirmed this. Localhost counts as host. So i need 2 hosts, 1 remote 1 local.

I cannot publish via FTP or XCOPY on local. The error i get is that it just doesnt can copy the file to the folder. I read somewhere that is caused by Iconcube module. It could be, since the perfect passes all test with check.php, SItebuilder works like a charm (well just a few bugs that we all have) and still it doesnt want to publish sites.

As for the module. Yes today i confirmed this, using the module on 2 different servers, they both do the same. The remote sitebuilder module is buggy.

When you allow a Plesk user and site to user Sitebuilder it does that just fine, except it creates both users (Plesk reseller and domain user) with a temporary plan it generates. It doesnt use a plan you have already, for each user you activate it creates a new plan. The worst thing is that the plans it creates are unlimited in everything. You then have to log into sitebuilder and erase the plans and go to the users and select the right plan. For some other bug i can select my plan with the Reseller account created but it doesn allow with the domain user created, it just shows on the list of plans the temporary created by plesk even when you have erased.

Besides this big problems i understand know how it works well just i think this should not happend. I will see what is causing the server not to publish sites.

Back