• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Newest version for php-tidy/libtidy with HTML5 support possible?

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
I don't find much informations for this problem. Maybe you can help me?

tidy released every year a new version: HTML Tidy Binary Releases
Since version 5.x its supports HTML5 too. I need HTML 5 support for my PHP project (command tidy_repair_string). I use CentOS 7 with Onyx.

# rpm -qa | grep tidy
plesk-php70-tidy-7.0.16-centos7.17021709.x86_64
plesk-php56-tidy-5.6.30-centos7.17012012.x86_64
plesk-php54-tidy-5.4.45-centos7.16032517.x86_64
libtidy-0.99.0-31.20091203.el7.x86_64

But its use a library that is 8 years old. phpinfo() said: "libTidy Release 25 March 2009". Is here a new version with HTML 5 support for PHP?

My problem with tidy. Code like "<a href=".."><div>text</div></a>" will be converted to "<a href=".."></a> <div>text</div>". HTML 5 must allow "div" in "a". Can anyone help me here?

Hi Azurel,

Is here a new version with HTML 5 support for PHP?
Nope, it isn't ( yet ).

If you still would like to have another library for your PHP - version(s), you have to compile the corresponding version on your own ( I would recommend to install an additional PHP - version, when you desire to compile a version on your own, so that you don't have to care about updates/upgrades/patches from your vendor for the vendor PHP version, nor for the Plesk PHP - versions on your server. ;)

Back