• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No backup after update #52

I am having the same issue with CentOS 6.0 and Plesk 11.09. The problem I am also currently having as well is the backup is stuck as a background task and I can't kill it!

HirschmannM, David Aguilar, igraf you can provide mentioned logs and we will check it.
rromano, looks like you have not installed MU#53. Please check it in /root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml. Provide logs too if it is installed.

@IgorG
last night all backup jobs are completed 100%.
today after a restart, the error messages are no longer appeared.

The update fix all issues with backups. A server reboot is needed to return to normal activity.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I can confirm MU#53 works. Thanks very much.

I had to force the latest microupdate using:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

My backups are missing the vhost directories for a few MU versions now including 53 on three of my servers. More detailed information is here.

stderr log on MU#53 backup, all vhost directories are missing from backups:

1+0 records in
1+0 records out
31457280 bytes (31 MB) copied, 0.212109 s, 148 MB/s
/bin/tar: /tmp/file4LAU0q: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
/bin/tar: logs/error_log: file changed as we read it
/bin/tar: /tmp/fileIvjBtU: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: /tmp/file2qCzLG: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: /tmp/filePfPy8I: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: /tmp/filec3tjnX: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: /tmp/fileuwebde: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: *: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Since MU52 one database does not backup any more. Error message is "Failed to execute backup of mysql database 'xxxxx' . Next error message is "Failed to pack files xxxxx_xxxxx_1_1306111226 in /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/..../domains/...../databases/xxxxx_1 [ 54162903040 bytes free of 96094650368 bytes total on mount point 0]"

Checking this directory the database dump is generated correct and complete, but is not zipped like other databases in this account.

Due to this behaviour the complete domain is not packed within the server packup.

Strange: This only happens in scheduled backup. Doint a complete backup of this domain only ends with no errors.

MU53 does not fix this error. Still same behaviour.

Can someone help?
Thanks!
Armin

Some more strange issues with this.

This backup problem startet with MU52. There are several databases on the server, which are backupd and packed without problem. Only one database failed to backup, it was the recent one created only several weeks ago. A dump with all database data is created in the dumps directory, but it will not be packed. Whyever.

So I created a new database with no tables in it. This database is backupd and packed correctly in the scheduled backup.

I created a second new database, this time with a simple table in it. And - it fails to pack this database dump.

I'm confused, and dont know how to fix this strange problem.
Thanks
Armin

Unfortunately I cannot help but I have exactly the same problem like Aemsn0 since MU52. MU53 is installed and it's only one database that can't be backed up.
Error message ist the same as already posted by Aemsn0. A fix would be great.

Unfortunately i have the same issue here:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2013-06-15-041402.750/migration.result">
<message id="54f01a5a-144b-409e-87a8-e4a3e8faffc6" severity="error" code="msgtext">
<description>Failed to pack files backup_skel_1306150414 in /backup/psa/dumps [ 88872493056 bytes free of 101463973888 bytes total on mount point 0]</description>
</message>
</execution-result>

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Still having our backup issue on many of our servers after updating to MU 55. There is no included vhost file to extract.

Do you still have "Failed to pack" error after MU#55? Or what? Please do not mix different issues in the one thread.

Sorry it may be different still, it is failing to tar/gzip something but I'm getting a different error. I have been having this problem on multiple servers for some time now, struggling to get some help on the issue: here.

Sorry it may be different still, it is failing to tar/gzip something but I'm getting a different error. I have been having this problem on multiple servers for some time now, struggling to get some help on the issue: here.

Have you tried contact Support Team?

Back