• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue No STFP to Web Root

JONEBARKER

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.53 Update #2
I can connect to SFTP via root to the server, but I cannot connect a domain-specific SFTP account.

- I checked firewall rules and connections are allow from all.
- I created the accounts on the domain level.
- I checked to ensure the service is running.

This s a freshly installed server (IONOS VPS), so I don't know why it just doesn't work when I go through the proper steps in Plesk.

This was not enabled in my subscription, so I did that as described. Still no access except for root via IP address. No access for root or created users via domain.

I found that in /etc/ssh/ssh_config file, PasswordAuthentication is set to yes, but the line commented out.
Also in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file, PasswordAuthentication is set to no.

Not sure I should change this because root can log in with password.

PasswordAuthentication can both be set to "yes". You need to restart sshd after the change.

Back