• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved No video with supported format and MIME type found for .mp4

Mike99

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I am trying to resolve issue with `No video with supported format and MIME type found` on Windows browsers when playing self hosted .mp4 .webm videos, I Googled this issue and it should resolve with adding

AddType video/mp4 .mp4 .m4v
AddType video/webm .webm

to .htaccess.

I added these lines into both Additional directives for HTTP and Additional directives for HTTPS, but problem still prevails, I tried to refresh browser cache.

My settings for nginx are `Proxy mode` selected, `Smart static files processing` selected and `Serve static files directly by nginx` not selected. See the screenshot attached.

Even if it was served by nginx, /etc/nginx/mime.types already contain these lines:

video/webm webm;
video/mp4 mp4;
video/x-m4v m4v;

Can anyone suggest what else could be done? My preference is to do this globally, so all hosted sites could upload and serve mp4 videos.

screenshot-from-2017-12-20-16-30-45-png.13869

Thank you, appreciate your expertise.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-12-20 16-30-45.png
    Screenshot from 2017-12-20 16-30-45.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 52
This is a purely client-side issue. On your machine a matching HTML5 codec is missing. This cannot be solved by any server-side configuration. Your server delivers the correct MIME type, but the browser cannot display the video, because it does not know how to display the content.

Back