• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Not understanding this........

J

jak8

hello all, Ive had my instant site package pro now for almost 7 months but have only recently (1 month ago) bought the domain and started work on it. I am trying to set up a quick and simple site for my husbands photography hobby. He uses the photoshop elements 5 software and I have created a photo gallery on there which looks quite professional and does what I want it to do. Now, elements saves all the files needed for the gallery withion a file on my computer. One of these files is a html file and If i open this I can view the gallery. Now my question is...how do i get the gallery from my computer into a link on my webpage? My idea is to have several headings on the 'gallery' page each with a link in to the galleries i create in elements.
I have been told to use ftp, do I get full ftp access with my package as if I do, I cant find it....
This is driving me round the bend, and Ive tried phoning for support but after being kept waiting on the phone for 25 mins at 10 p per min..I was NOT impressed.
Cheers guys
Jacqui

actually we are discussing Sitebuilder here

with Sitebuilder, you open wizard, build your site from predefined template (by the way image gallery is available) and then get the link and then send it to your provider and then they set up and you are able to click button and thus publish the site on the web

i think, you are not talking about Sitebuilder
you have buit your own site and purchased a domain from a hosting provider.

and yes, you should upload your files over ftp

if you have control panel access, then probably you can set up the ftp account on your own

but in any case the hosting provider you purchased a domain from must provide you with an ftp account that you upload files to and these files will be on the web

Back