• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Page-specific header images

dave-ha

Regular Pleskian
I would like to create a two column web site containing page-specific header images. Since WPB 11.0.1 site-wide areas cannot be put into the header anymore due to the concept changes. But how can page-specific header images be realised instead?

And what will happen with a web site made with WPB 10 containing page-specific areas in the header after a WPB upgrade?

Hi Dave,

Page specific images you can put into "Text and Images module".

After upgrade all page specific modules will be moved into content area (from header - to the top of content, from footer - to the bottom), as I remember.

Hello Egor. Thank you for your answer.

The trouble is: Placing a page-specific Text and Images module doesn't seem to work on a two column layout: WPB accepts either a site-wide module - or a page-specific module in one column only. It there any way to overcome this?

Hmm... You does not have page-specific area in the sidebar? Then it's a broken site layout and should be fixed for your site. Both sidebars and content area should have page-specific areas on each pages...

Egor, I am sorry, I was not clear enough. It might be easier to explain the picture below.

Because inserting a page-specific header image in the #header container is not possible, I try to put it into the #columns container (see the red bordered area). However, WPB does not allow to insert it there page-specific across both columns. It only allows it site-wide or in one column. Is it intended or a bug? What would you do as work-around?

layout.png

Seems I understood you now.
Unfortunately with the new concept you can not put page-specific content into header area. Header area is intended as part of site design and therefore all changes here are site-wide.
Sorry, but I can't invent any work-around.

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

The trouble is that the header image in WPB is site-wide while many of my customers need header images that do not only match the site's general theme but also the topic of the specific page, so they need a certain kind of flexibility. It's a pitty that all those customers are drifting towards other CMS.

Since the process for uploading and selecting pictures is already in place in WPB's header module I could imagine that opening it for a page-specific use without hampering the rest of the concept would be an asset for Parallels and a benefit for its customers. Could you consider this idea in a future release?

Regarding the above mentioned upgrade: How does it work with a two-column layout? Will the page-specific Text and Image module from the header be placed across both columns of the content area (as shown in the image above)?

Last edited:
The trouble is that the header image in WPB is site-wide while many of my customers need header images that do not only match the site's general theme but also the topic of the specific page, so they need a certain kind of flexibility.
You can put header as page-specific module on certain page, but it's possible only on content area. So, your layout can be like on this screenshot.

Since the process for uploading and selecting pictures is already in place in WPB's header module I could imagine that opening it for a page-specific use without hampering the rest of the concept would be an asset for Parallels and a benefit for its customers. Could you consider this idea in a future release?
I've already told to our PM about your feedback. Thanks for your ideas.

Regarding the above mentioned upgrade: How does it work with a two-column layout? Will the page-specific Text and Image module from the header be placed across both columns of the content area (as shown in the image above)?
I think no. Modules just moves into "content" area and they still in 1 copy. If module was site-wide, then it will be moved to the "content" area as site-wide. Modules from sidebars do not change their place.

Thank you for informing your PM.

I found a workaround that worked for my customer's web site. You can insert a page-specific Text and Image module before the Navigation module in the left column and insert some CSS code into the metadata field:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
<!--

#column1-content-inner > div:first-child
{
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    z-index: -1;
}

#column1-content-inner > div p
{
    margin: 0;