• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parallels Panel key update deferral notification

Z

zname

Hello, I'm getting the following error "Unable to update . An error occurred while processing your key. You can try updating it later."

When clicking on "Retrieve Keys", I get the message that "License key **** is up-to-date."

Please advice. Thanks!

Same problem

I can only say that we have the same problem. :/

Anyone managed to get this one resolved?

The KB article doesn't help much:
http://kb.parallels.com/en/111198

The output I get from running the php script in the KB article is:

Result code: 2
Description: Key update disabled
Status update: Not required

I've tried reuploading the key and it's still doing the same thing, I get a daily mail about the key update deferral.

I'm having the same issue with Plesk Panel 10.4.4

Parallels Panel key update deferral notification
Unable to update PLSK00000000000. An error occurred while processing your key. You can try updating it later.

Still happening, although this time I discovered that the license is not updating itself properly, i.e if I leave the license update scripts to do its thing, the license will expire and i'll need to go into Plesk and click on Retrieve Keys manually.
Anyone know which specific script updates the license?

Update: Think I found it. /opt/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/update-keys.php. But trying to run it with sw-engine-pleskrun gives no output at all.
Maybe the daily maintenance script doesn't call the update-keys script? Bug perhaps?

Last edited:
I did more experimentation and found that when I ran the daily maintenance script manually (/opt/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /opt/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php), the key updates and doesn't throw a deferral notification.
The notification only happens when it's run from cron.

Hello, Gents. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Plesk Service Team is working on the issue. Solution will be delivered by the 10.4 MU#15, 10.2 MU#15, 10.3 MU#17 and 10.0 MU#12 next week.

Please install and check. Your feedback is quite appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. 10.4 MU#14 fixes one particular case with KAV but there are different cases when the issue can happen. It will be fixed next week.

Last edited:
by the way, i read the article http://kb.parallels.com/en/111198

and i did what it says, i.e. i ran the test.php.

the result i got is:
Result code: 2
Description: Key update disabled
Status update: Not required

but the kb article is very unclear in the "Resolution" section regarding what to do to actually resolve the problem of those spurious "Parallels Plesk Panel key update deferral notification" that i receive every day since updating plesk panel to 10.4.4.

I felt the same way when I went through that article and posted feedback on that article to that effect.
Oh well, it'll all be in the past once MU #15 comes out :)

I installed MU #15 for 10.4.4 this morning and it looks like the problem has gone away. Thank you very very much Sergius and Igor for putting some focus on the issue! Much appreciated :)

Last edited:
I spoke too soon......while I did not receive a notification yesterday morning when I updated to #15, I got a notification this morning.
So i'm having to conclude it didn't fix the problem :(

This is showing up in the /opt/psa/admin/panel.log, not sure if it will help or not but here it is anyway.

2012-02-02T06:25:04+11:00 ERR (3): KeyUpdate Result code: 2 Preparation error
2012-02-02T06:25:04+11:00 ERR (3): KeyUpdate Result desc: Product "linuxmagic-magicspam" not installed

I'm guessing that the key handler needs to be adjusted for magicspam, just like it was for KAV?

Last edited:
same here...

i updated to #15 yesterday, and i still received the notification email this morning:

Subject: Parallels Panel key update deferral notification
Unable to update . An error occurred while processing your key. You can try updating it later.

$ tail /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log
2012-02-01T04:02:14-05:00 ERR (3): KeyUpdate Result code: 2 Preparation error
2012-02-01T04:02:14-05:00 ERR (3): KeyUpdate Result desc: Product "gameserver" not installed
2012-02-02T04:02:11-05:00 ERR (3): KeyUpdate Result code: 2 Preparation error
2012-02-02T04:02:11-05:00 ERR (3): KeyUpdate Result desc: Product "gameserver" not installed

OS Linux 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen
Panel version 10.4.4 Update #15, last updated at Feb 1, 2012 05:19 AM
The system is up-to-date; last checked at Jan 29, 2012 04:02 AM

This is a CentOS (64 bit) cloud server on 1and1.

Last edited:
KeyUpdate Result desc: Product "linuxmagic-magicspam" not installed
KeyUpdate Result desc: Product "gameserver" not installed
Why you have these keys installed if you haven't these packages installed on your Plesk?

IgorG

i have no idea. i never installed those "keys" myself.

in fact, i didn't even know about the "keys" before this problem started popping up.

this installation was migrated (using plesk migration) from a previous plesk 9.x installation on another server, when we moved to the 1and1 cloud.

i never had those "Subject: Parallels Panel key update deferral notification" emails until last week, when i upgraded from 10.3 to 10.4.4.

let me know what i should do to manually resolve the issue.

i assume i am not the only one with this sort of problem. the email we receive is very cryptic ("an error occurred" but no idea of what error!).

it is possible that at one point, the "gameserver" product was installed on our old plesk 9.x server. that may explain why there is a key, and the key got migrated when we did the migration.

Last edited:
Just check License Management and remove extra keys there (Additional Keys tab)

done, thanks!

but why having an extra key without having the package installed should cause a problem?

it should be the opposite, right? i.e. having a package without key is not good. but a key without the package could be just ignored, no?

and apparently it was ignored until i updated to 10.4.4

Back