• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permission denied backup manager or mail

SjoerdB

New Pleskian
Hi,

after upgrading to Plesk 12.5 I encounter the following issue: I can't seem to add any mailadresses anymore, if I click on the mail button it gives me permission denied error.

Same happens with the Backup manager, I can't go into there as well. I know a lot has changed with Plesk 12.5 and that there are different licenses with different rights now. I have plesk web admin edition right now, and I'm thinking I should be able to do some 'normal' stuff in Plesk, because as it right now it's useless.

I hope someone can/will help me with this. I'm just a student with a VPS and installed Plesk on it a while ago. It all worked fine till the newest update came...

Thanks,

Sjoerd

Have you tried to fix it with repair utility at least?

Hi Again,

no one here that could help me further? I would really appriciate some help here as I don't know where to find the solution and Plesk support is way too expensive for me...

Thanks so much,

Sjoerd

I don't know if this is still an issue but have you checked Tools & Settings -> Mail Server Settings -> and verified that "Enable mail management functions in Plesk" is checked? I ran into this problem today and found that it was NOT checked.

Enjoy!

Back